Fork, the ultimate tool

My much discussed palmolive stick joined the remains of other soaps residing in my souffle dish. I chopped it up not to finely and chopped up the other soap remains. Roughly mixed the two soaps with perhaps too much water. I tried to squish the chopped soap together but didn't have much luck because each time I lifted the implement (coke bottle) up, the soap came with it. Then I tried a fork. What an excellent tool for this job. Press down and slide back (don't lift) and the soap simply slides off the prongs. My souffle dish was then placed onto the radiator to get rid of the water and I now have an excellent cake of soap. :mrgreen:

Flatfish said:
My much discussed palmolive stick joined the remains of other soaps residing in my souffle dish. I chopped it up not to finely and chopped up the other soap remains. Roughly mixed the two soaps with perhaps too much water. I tried to squish the chopped soap together but didn't have much luck because each time I lifted the implement (coke bottle) up, the soap came with it. Then I tried a fork. What an excellent tool for this job. Press down and slide back (don't lift) and the soap simply slides off the prongs. My souffle dish was then placed onto the radiator to get rid of the water and I now have an excellent cake of soap. :mrgreen:

Blimey, you should go in for Masterchef Goes Large! :hungrig

I had the same problem, however I used a round nail polish bottle (my wife's I promise) with a flat bottom, wet it slightly and twisted it as I pushed down and pulled up. Worked great also.... except I chucked the soap. Didn't like it at all LOL

The ingredients for my "rissole" cake of soap are as follows.

One whole palmolive stick. (Don't like sticks)
80 % of an erasmic stick. (Don't like sticks plus it fell off the plastic handle)
Very small amount of Mitchells Wool fat left over from previous rissole.
Small amount of Lifebouy bath soap. (Hey it smells nice and adds little red flecks to the cake).

It all works rather well actually.
Live long and prosper.
Kristian

Vic Flange said:
Do you use a vintage fork or one of the new style from Germany? Is it an adjustable?

Also what do people think is the best fork/knife combo?

[attachment=0]

The Leatherman Wave multipurpose tool features significant advances in design offering two locking knife blades with one-hand access, two additional locking tools, and the most comfortable handle Leatherman has ever produced. The Leatherman Wave Tool Adapter makes your Leatherman Wave Multi Purpose Tool even more versatile by adding a standard "¼" hex drive that locks in three positions.
Features

•Material: 100% stainless steel
•Weight: 8 oz/224 grams
•Closed Length: 4"/10 cm
•Open Length: 6.25"/16 cm
•Phillips Screwdriver(s): Yes
•Standard Screwdriver(s): Yes
•Bottle Opener: Yes
•Can Opener: Yes
•Scissors: Yes
•Lanyard: Yes
•Wood Saw: Yes
•Pliers: Yes
•File: Yes
•Wire Cutter: Yes
•Sheath Included: Yes
•Recommended Use: 1,000,001 things!

I find the above underlined to be the major selling point....... :?

Attachments

• 0953f062bd5aec29a68c0870c0bcb1ff_image_250x211.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 34
And for travel i would recommend.

[attachment=0]

Spork
A spoon-fork-knife combo with a serrated edge on the fork side for small cutting tasks. The Spork is made from high-strength polycarbonate that does not soften at high temperatures and is safe for use with titanium and non-stick cookware.

Attachments

• 3e2c4caa1967bbb3671a51aeb1024b6d_image_250x211.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 30
RB73 said:
And for travel i would recommend.

[attachment=0]

Spork
A spoon-fork-knife combo with a serrated edge on the fork side for small cutting tasks. The Spork is made from high-strength polycarbonate that does not soften at high temperatures and is safe for use with titanium and non-stick cookware.

We have these at work. Got them in gold.(dont get that every day do you!)
If you have a food that needs holding and cutting, you need 2 sporks. They are in capable of holding and cutting.

Back
Top Bottom