For Sale or Trade or offers of love: Rolls Razor: SOLD £22

Rolls Razor Imperial Number one.. ie the one with the silver plated case.

I had posted this over on badger and blade and no interst, So I am posting it here and am open to any offers or trades that someobody may be interested in doing.

Let me know:

All sold for £22

Original B&B Thread:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=106726">http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=106726</a><!-- m -->

And a pic:
rolls6.jpg

Re: For Sale or Trade or offers of love: Rolls Razor

That's a beautiful razor Millay - I am not a collector though and I don't have time to learn another type of razor. I do remember though that there was a guy on B&B that has always used one of these razors and started writing a guide (in much the same way that Neil Miller has done on here for straights). A whole thread on Rolls razors was created on the back of that. If might be worth doing a search for this thread and posting something there or even contacting some of those guys.

Best of luck with your sale.

Hi

You can try Going onto B&B and contacting "Jatte" he is in Canada, Is a BIG fan of Rolls Razors, i sent some stuff to him a few weeks ago, i am sure he would be interested in a Set in such nice condition as that..... :D

Steve

Thanks chicken neck and sunburyboy

I promised I would not try different styles of razors until I had DE shaving down to a fine art, something i am a long way off from doing.

The longer this stays in my possesion the more likly it is to meet my face, really not a good idea!

I will have a look for these users.

I have my Grandads Rolls razor. He used it all the time.

I have not used it yet as I have been trying to get the blade into great condition. Following the instructions from the guy on B&B I stripped the whole mechanism and restored it.

Apparently the strop should be pasted as it is a short run, I don't have any and don't want to buy a whole tube.

Mine is special to me as it was my Grandads but I would encourage you to keep it and use it some day, it really is a British classic. (and was made in Cricklewood near where I now live)

Maybe we could get a Rolls sectoin on TSR, get a few folks using them now and then?

C

Millay, Zubar

You have spiked my interest! I often walk past a barber's window that has a Rolls set in the window. I never knew what it was until I saw this thread. They ARE great looking razors.

I just had a look on ebay and there are stacks of them at apparently very low prices! I am very tempted to bid on one.

What should I be looking for? Do the blades wear out? Hones? Do they clean up well?

MIllay - I hope you decide to keep yours. Even as an item to have on your desk, I think you would enjoy it.

Yes they are cheap because-they don't break!, they were popular.

Look out for..
All the parts, blade, strop and hone(inside each case side) HANDLE this is often missing as it is olny small loose part. Strops may be worn or nicked, hones cracked or chipped/divoted.
Blades can be sourced seperately, all will need some work.

The rolling mechanism, the cleaner/smoother the better. However my Gdads was in a poor shape and it cleaned ok with a full strip down.

I think they are a great piece of shaving heritage, will get using mine soon. Get one!!!!!

C

The instructions in mine advise alittle vaseline on the rollers (embedded in the case) and that is all for lubricating. any lubricant on the friction clip ruins the stropping honing action of the razor

Back
Top Bottom