Folding Knife Recommendations

CjH

Evening peoples.

I'm looking for a single blade, non locking, UK Legal, EDC, folding pocket knife.
Preferably with a wooden handle.
I've searched all over and can find plenty of modern stuff but seems too trendy.
Just want a handy tool that cuts stuff to keep on me when I'm out working etc.
Not so keen on generic Swiss army knives.

Any recommendations and related links...?

Sorry can’t help with the wooden handle type but i use this as an everyday knife in my work.
i work in Norway & this is what they supply me and i have to say it’s first class,

Edit
Leatherman single blades knifes are also very good

I've bought a couple of knives from them and had prompt delivery with good customer service.
Under the knives and tools tab there is a UK legal section.

Ive got an opinel 6, and being legal doesn't even enter my head. Im not likely to get searched, and even if I did I think the police have bigger fish to fry :)
Unfortunately I do not share your optimism. police and common sense often do not go hand in hand and with knife crime high on the agenda an arrest and prosecution of an "innocent" carry would bolster their stats and some cretin would think they are doing a good job.

I am looking at getting an Opinel knife after it was recommended by the Urban Gentry. So what style is legal? Otherwise, I will just keep it at home to threaten Just East drivers with.
You can have almost any knife to use at home, the knife only has to be "legal" to be carried out in public.
I hope you were joking about "threaten Just eat divers" as such an action could see you spending some time away from home and not being able to shave in peace. :)

Well I just ordered an No 5 with a scabbard and No 8 kit for myself and a No 8 kit for my brother for the holiday season. I tried to get it initialed but gave up after attempt number 10. In addition, a stake knife for reduced shipping.

20211120_002626.jpg

Last edited:
Although not UK legal for everyday carry, I love my Opinel #8 gardener’s knife with its spear point instead of the usual yatagan clip point. Much easier to sharpen for a novice and more useful shape for me.

Sheffield badly needs to sort itself out as regards steel quality and hardness for your average slipjoint edc folder. Once the doyen, now the dog…

That said the Taylor’s Eye Witness ones although ugly, are reasonable.

+1 for Heinnie Haynes. Its good that you can sort by "UK friendly"

I have a large Opinel which stays at home on account of being over 3" and locking, so not EDC on either count, but cheap, traditional and very sharp. Kind of nostalgia really. Reminds me of holidays in France and going on the school French exchange, coming back on the ferry with large amounts of bangers and knives in the bottoms of our bags, ah the 1980s!

I also have a Spyderco UKPK in BD1N steel which is, as the name suggests, legal carry. Blade just short of the limit, non locking but strong detent and one hand opening. Actually it also rarely leaves the house because although it is technically legal, where I live I think the police would "shoot first and ask questions later" and I don't need the hassle of explaining its legit. But at least I can take it camping. I use it every day round the house so getting my moneys worth.

Higonokami (Japan traditional pocket knives) are non locking and usually below the size limit. Only a fool would try to use one as a weapon and they look a bit utilitarian but in a cool Japanese way. They make great gifts.

Back
Top Bottom