Foes

Seriously I perhaps have too much ouzo to my water....... ....... but I find this so friendly.

I have 110,000 people who hate me in work (don't ask) so this forum seems positively civil and benevloent

I found this to be quite weird when I first saw it, turn out if you put a foe on the list you don't get to see any of the posts they make.

Boab said:
I found this to be quite weird when I first saw it, turn out if you put a foe on the list you don't get to see any of the posts they make.

Can I just state for the record that if anyone makes me a foe for this or any other reason I will feel very hurt and possibly cry... :cry:

Arrowhead said:
Well, I don't see the point of a "can't see you, can't hear you" button, especially if you have enemies. Downright strange idea.

Yes. Anyway, isn't there a phrase that goes something like "keep your friends close and your enemies closer"?

Actually, there was a chap posting on CONUK as Anton von Tripp. Very dodgy. If anyone sees him here I'd steer well clear! :?

Arrowhead said:
Well, I don't see the point of a "can't see you, can't hear you" button, especially if you have enemies. Downright strange idea.

I suppose if this forum were dedicated to a more contentious issue and attracted the various weirdos, demagogues, village idiots, fruitcakes and @rseholes who frequent the internet, then having a means to save you seeing meaningless drivel and ill informed b@llocks every time you visited would be desirable.

But everyone here is just nice :D so we do not need a 'foe' function.

Boab said:

Boab, I feel that thats just very sad.

Do we really need a 'Foes' facility on this forum. I, for one, think not. If you don't like another forum member then fine, get over it, but surely we are meant to be adults! We can all have our moments that will/may/possibly grate on others on occasion but branding someone a "foe" is that necessary?

Can we dicuss this please?

...or I'll sulk! :?

Blyth Spirit said:
We can all have our moments that will/may/possibly grate on others on occasion but branding someone a "foe" is that necessary?

It's a feature of the phpBB software - not sure if it's turn-off-and-onnable though... (I mean I know it'll be excisable from the raw php code but that means it has to be redone for every upgrade of the software too)

Pig Cat said:
Can I just state for the record that if anyone makes me a foe for this or any other reason I will feel very hurt and possibly cry... :cry:

I'm tempted - just to provoke that reaction :lol:

philamac said:
Arrowhead said:

I suppose if this forum were dedicated to a more contentious issue and attracted the various weirdos, demagogues, village idiots, fruitcakes and @rseholes who frequent the internet, then having a means to save you seeing meaningless drivel and ill informed b@llocks every time you visited would be desirable.

But everyone here is just nice :D so we do not need a 'foe' function.

I thought i was the village idiot :)

philamac said:
the various weirdos, demagogues, village idiots, fruitcakes and @rseholes who frequent the internet, then having a means to save you seeing meaningless drivel and ill informed b@llocks every time you visited would be desirable.

Ah, thats why I often feel invisable.

As HM says it is a part of the forum and is there by default.I don't have time to look at removing it plus the fact that when you start 'messing' in the code something else usually breaks for example when I edited the code to get the chat server working, it wrecked the anti spam image that used to be a requirement to register.Fortunately I found a better deterrant.

Back
Top Bottom