Floris

Hi guys, I'm looking for a new scent and was wondering what the opinion is on Floris. I've never tried Floris. The two scents I like the sound of are Floris 89 and Santal. Which would be the best option for me?

I like woodsy fragrances, but I like my scents to be clean and fresh and not overpowering. My two favourites are T&H 1805 and Trumpers Astor.

Thanks
Callum

Hi guys, I'm looking for a new scent and was wondering what the opinion is on Floris. I've never tried Floris. The two scents I like the sound of are Floris 89 and Santal. Which would be the best option for me?

I like woodsy fragrances, but I like my scents to be clean and fresh and not overpowering. My two favourites are T&H 1805 and Trumpers Astor.

Thanks
Callum
I think you would like both but I feel the Floris 89 would be the ideal choice for you.

Paul.

I've had no89 and currently have Santal.
I liked 89 but had to be in the mood for it, and I don't think I'd buy it again. Nice but I wanted to like it more than I actually did, not necessarily dated but definitely of its time.
Santal I absolutely love, quite modern but on the right side of modern as far as I'm concerned, not in your face. Very wearable and I'll buy another bottle when I've used my current one.

Floris 89 is one of my absolute favourites but it does smell old fashioned. I remember reading somebody on Fragrantica saying it smelled like "Aunty Mable in her fur coat getting ready to go to the theatre" and it made me lol :ROFLMAO:

If you like the idea of smelling like Noel Coward or Alec Guinness in 1945 then it's a masterpiece. But the flipside of that is to some people it smells very antiquated.

The balm is £20 on Amazon so get that as a tester! It's bloody gorgeous!!!

Floris 89 is one of my absolute favourites but it does smell old fashioned. I remember reading somebody on Fragrantica saying it smelled like "Aunty Mable in her fur coat getting ready to go to the theatre" and it made me lol :ROFLMAO:

If you like the idea of smelling like Noel Coward or Alec Guinness in 1945 then it's a masterpiece. But the flipside of that is to some people it smells very antiquated.

The balm is £20 on Amazon so get that as a tester! It's bloody gorgeous!!!
Noel Coward, how very dare you!!! :)

Paul.

The following list is a mixture of recommendations from members on here and ones I’ve recommended to members, which have received positive feedback.

Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum* (NOT the Johnny Deep one).

Acqua Di Parma Colonia (the original)

Guerlain Heritage (EDP)

Mancera Cedrat Boise

Hermès Terre d’Hermes (EDC)

Floris Santal

*This one:
dior-eau-sauvage-50ml-edp-spray-p17692-57896_image.jpg

Missed this one. A big fan of Floris but I do have to agree with @isaiah53 on the Santal, you really do have to be in the right frame to wear it. I bought mine off the back of a sample and do rather like it.

However if I was to pick one from the bunch ot would have to be Elite. Wonderfully fresh, light, and different. Not too bad on the longevity scale and clings to clothes like shit to a shovel. Love it, the scent that is

The following list is a mixture of recommendations from members on here and ones I’ve recommended to members, which have received positive feedback.

Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum* (NOT the Johnny Deep one).

Acqua Di Parma Colonia (the original)

Guerlain Heritage (EDP)

Mancera Cedrat Boise

Hermès Terre d’Hermes (EDC)

Floris Santal

*This one:
dior-eau-sauvage-50ml-edp-spray-p17692-57896_image.jpg

Not a great Sauvage supporter even though I do have it. Goutal Eau De Monsieur is in a similar tone but has more finesse about it.

Terre I used to detest but recently took a real liking to it and bought two. A larger bottle for home and a smaller 30ml for travelling.

ADP Colonia Club is to me an absolute classic and can't live without. The only perfume I'm on my third bottle of other than Banana Republic Neroli Woods because it's cheap and a great day scent.

Guerlain. I'd go for their Homme. Superb for me personally.

I'd take the #89, it's a manly rose in the same vein as Aramis 900 and Czech & Speake #88

Santal is just your bog-standard Sandalwood, of which there are many

#127 and Elite are also worth a sniff and quite unique

Back
Top Bottom