First Time with a Slant

My name is Michael and tonight i used a Slant (37c) for the first time. I bought it off BST this weekend, because i have been Slant-curious now for a while and wanted to see what the fuss was about. I loaded it with a Super-Thin and as i got ready for a bath i kept looking over at it, then picking it up, then putting it down, telling myself that's a lot of exposed blade there :shock: Anyway, went with Speick and went to work, then........ nothing :? worked a treat, albeit with only 14hrs growth. 3 passes, very smooth result, only minor irritation from the Alum.

This is a double blow :?

First of all, I was half hoping i wouldn't like it, then just cross it off my to try list - flog it and move on.

Second of all, as we all know Merkur made the razors for Hoffritz and i have had a gnawing in my soul on a boxed Hoffritz slant for quite a while. Now i know i quite like it, my rationale for not buying one in the past i might not like it and that's a wad to pay for something just to sit in a box, has gone up in smoke - because i probably now would use it.

Valuer, thanks for selling me it. You bastard ;)

Oh yes, in case anyone thought this was a review with no conclusion, Slants? Yeah, they're alright!! :D

I guess that most of the girls from my single days are probably in the "got no teeth" category if you want any possibly out of date 'phone numbers ?

& yes, Slants are so KOOL !!!

JohnnyO. :D

antdad said:
Weirdo's.

How did Ian put it...the slant is a great solution to a non existent problem.

Yes, I copped that from someone on another forum.

I like my Slant. You get a good result, but it does it a little differently, and a great deal quieter than a lot of razors.

Ian

I found the Slant pretty easy to use, I just never thought the shave was better than any other aggressive razor I own like a NEW, NEW improved or dialled up adjustable.

So Sonny you managed to master it so it can't be that difficult eh? ;)

The slant must be doing something right :!: The slant + feather combo is incredibly popular among shaving veterans.

I honestly cannot imagine using any other DE. I've tried a few popular ones
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5169&start=10#p69656" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5169&start=10#p69656</a><!-- l -->

One day I'll prob go and re-purchase (that will be the 3rd time) a lovely blue 38c and do a comparison, but I'm confident the slant will beat it hands down.

Anyway, I'm just grateful I finally found something that can slice through my PITA beard. I've seen the light thanks to TSR user Prosinosis loaning me a 37c to get me interested in slants in the fist place. And thanks to the member(s) who pif'd me some feather blades, which work very well with a slant.

By the way, I really don't think the slant is aggressive. I found the HD and 38c more aggressive. Slant is a gentle beast just like me :D

I agree I don't thing the Slant is that aggressive and if slant users like it combined with a feather that would confirm by conjecture that it isn't overly aggressive. Like any razor it requires a little time but stick a Feather in most razors and it'll mow down your beard with ease.

Back
Top Bottom