First steps into straights.

Well it started like this my RAD has resulted in me now owning 7 old straights they will in time be made shave ready.

But in the meantime I have started reading up on them the general opinon is it is best just get one and go for it and not bother with shavettes.
Well me being me and having plenty of DE blades RAD has got me a cheap shavette. The reasoning behind it is its less forgiving means I have to learn to be disaplined when I shave with one plus I believe in the saying train hard fight easy!!! I have had a couple of goes with the shavette now and it has been underwhelming but that is to be expected its made clear on all the forums I have read that it will be unlikely you'll get great shaves out of the box. but even after 2 shaves that have been finnished off with the DE I'm starting to feel more comfortable with it and getting an idea on how to move the blade around my face. I have had a few nicks but nothing like I had when starting with a DE and irritation is minimal so it is going well I've just got to keep plugging away at it and if it is true what they say about propper cut throats when I get mine sorted it should be easy.

Back
Top Bottom