First SE Shave

Hi All,

Today I received a Valet Autostrop razor in the post that I purchased from ebay. It cost me a total of £8 shipped to my door including a new Feather blade.

I used the same prep method as I have done with my DE razors. Shower, lather my MWF in a bowl and proceed to perform a 3 pass shave.

From the moment I started I could tell this was going to be a very pleasant experience.

No DE blade has ever felt as smooth and responsive as this SE did. The feedback from the razor as it cut my whiskers was incredible.

I've achieved as close to a BBS as I ever have in all my years of wet shaving without a hit of irritation.

Is it normal for the mechanism of a Valet to flip open quite easily? It doesnt see to lock closed. The flap that holds the blade snaps firmly but the comb that meets the blade doesnt.

Attachments

• IMG_20130413_204507.JPG
    IMG_20130413_204507.JPG
    249.9 KB · Views: 20
Greetings

There is no locking mechanism to hold the blade forward against the blade stops on any of the Valet Autostrop models. It should however stay there ok whilst you shave providing you do not touch the lever that causes the comb to move forward or backwards.

Regards
Dick.

Back
Top Bottom