First SE shave

I bought Sunbury's English Eveready GEM quite a while ago and finaly got round using it today.

My preconceptions were that my beard is too hard I didn't think the GEM's would suit, the razor would clog and the blade wasn't held that securely.
I took some extra time prepping and once I'd established the correct angle of attack I was away, a fairly easy two pass shave was had, not the closest but close enough that I'm sure will improve with familiarity. Negotiating the chin and shnoz will take some getting used to but the shallow angle I was able to use was straight razor like and I'll know when the stubble starts poking through tommorow if it's definitely for me.

Certainly well worth trying and a much more positive experience than I was expecting.

antdad said:
I bought Sunbury's English Eveready GEM quite a while ago and finaly got round using it today.

Certainly well worth trying and a much more positive experience than I was expecting.

Sigh.....the diabolical SE cabal, possibly well on it's way to claiming another victim....I meant convert. I know you'd been talking about trying one, but still. Hey, it was that new guy Doc Beaker I bet that finally pushed you offa that fence you'd been straddling. I knew that guy was gonna be nothing but trouble with those damn shiny pictures of his.

Cripes, now we're gonna have 9 SE threads going, kinda like the 17 permanent coffee threads already in progress here. Tony, it's not too late to back outta that single edged rabbit hole.

Seriously, if it was about the shave, I woulda jumped on these myself years ago. I've read so damn many positive reviews I certainly understand these things can shave great.

If this 'healthy enthusiasm' for a SE continues, I have a couple you may find amusing to sample. Sheeeesh.

Enablers are relentless,

Dodgy

dodgy said:
antdad said:

Sigh.....the diabolical SE cabal, possibly well on it's way to claiming another victim....I meant convert. I know you'd been talking about trying one, but still. Hey, it was that new guy Doc Beaker I bet that finally pushed you offa that fence you'd been straddling. I knew that guy was gonna be nothing but trouble with those damn shiny pictures of his.

Cripes, now we're gonna have 9 SE threads going, kinda like the 17 permanent coffee threads already in progress here.
Enablers are relentless,

Dodgy

Free Marmite Crumpet and Lavazza Coffee with every SE shave !

26crumpetcoffee.jpg

cheers Doctor Beaker

Always had a gr8 respect for the Antster's inherent goodly sense of taste and discrimination.
Man oh man .................... That Dr. Beakster is GOOD!!!

JohnnyO. \:blush:

dodgy said:
antdad said:

Cripes, now we're gonna have 9 SE threads going, kinda like the 17 permanent coffee threads already in progress here. Tony, it's not too late to back outta that single edged rabbit hole.

Seriously, if it was about the shave, I woulda jumped on these myself years ago. I've read so damn many positive reviews I certainly understand these things can shave great.

If this 'healthy enthusiasm' for a SE continues, I have a couple you may find amusing to sample. Sheeeesh.

Enablers are relentless,

Dodgy

Shessha Martin, I'll have what your smoking. Yeah saying that it was better than I was expecting will really get them bolting down the hole. I've actually been sporting a beard and finally got round to getting rid and using the S.E that had been sitting on the dresser for the last couple or three weeks. Compulsive I know. No, I won't be making any claims about life changing shaves but it was fairly competent and will suit some folks just fine, like most shavers I suppose.

Wait ...dec 2012. The end of SE as we know it now. It's all in the Mayan Calendar!! The more they buy SE razors now, the more our DE ones will be worth come 2013!!!! Ha ha ha ha !!:)-)

antdad said:
[Shessha Martin, I'll have what your smoking.

Sure thing Tony,

How did you want that 'medicine' labeled for Customs? You prefer 'Glaucoma Prevention Meds' or maybe something else? How bout I label it 'tobacco' with a value of 1700 bucks.

Speaking of shisha, my daughter and her husband do the whole deal when entertaining. Got a few nice pipes and some good flavored smoke and done deal. I've joined em a few times but I just don't get the attraction (besides the fact I can blow GREAT smoke rings). It's funny they'd both enjoy it, not being smokers usually. I do smoke cigarettes and the whole pipe thing seems just a little too diluted for my preferred rush.

I will cringe if there's any mention of actually enjoying that SE of yours,

Martin

This is how I think you'd look with a beard. You're probably amazed at how accurate my guess is. It's a gift.

Oh yeah, great sounding album, as you can imagine.

Attachments

• sebastian cabot.jpg
    sebastian cabot.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 13
I'm now sensing the onset of extreme strangeness here, and my brain hurts. (Which kinda matches my sides from over much giggling).

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom