First Official Shave with adj techniques

Today I followed all the shaving videos and decided that I would employ the differnt shaves, with grain, sideways against the grain and across the grain. I use a Merkur 34c with a Derby blade. When it was all over, I was not bleeding too hard. Going against the grain seemed where the nicks were coming from. I will have to work on this technique.

I have only tried going against the grain twice and both times were failures.

I can get a damn fine shave mostly going WTG and a little XTG and personally I am happy with that.

Don't feel that you have to incorporate ATG into your routine :)

I rarely bother shaving against the grain. If it gives you trouble replace with another XTG pass, that should be close enough. You may want to try a different blade.

antdad said:
I rarely bother shaving against the grain. If it gives you trouble replace with another XTG pass, that should be close enough. You may want to try a different blade.

I shave WTG, XTG, ATG everyday, usually using a Slim and a Shark blade. I notice there are problem spots on my face fot ATG passes. Namely the mid point of the Cupids Bow, and the sections just above the corners of my mouth. I don't usually go ATG on those bits now, giving them another XTG pass going the other way.

Ant is spot on with the blade comment, with care and attention I can get nick free ATG passes in my problem spots using a few blade and razor combinations, there is claret all over the place every time I try.

Back
Top Bottom