First ever cold shave

iv got ecezema and find wet shaving very tough on my skin it leaves it red and sore so today i tryed cold water shaving for the first time.

merkur 42 with tiger blade
parmolive classic shaving cream
New Forest Tubby 1 with 24mm knot

the shave way amazing im defo a convert the shave was the best DE shave iv had to date no cuts normal with out my styptic pencil id bleed to death :lol: and the closest shave iv had made me look at my tiger blades in a new light think i'll get 50 of them now.

try it guys im not looking back anyway :shave

thanks gent

Joe

well done that man :D , I tried this a few weeks ago for the first time and have found it to be the best method for my so so so delicate skin, well maybe not as delicate as yours Joe. Just a thought, do you preshave with anything, I was appling e45 about an hour before my shave, this also semed to helped. But then again I have since found out that creams/soaps that contained any kind of mentholy/eucalyptusy type extracts were redding my skin :oops: and perhaps the e45 was just stopping my pores absorbing it. I have since avoided said products and my face has settled down nicely and I dont preshave with anything,,,,,,at the moment anyway. :roll:
Im using Arko soap at the moment, my face has never shaved so good
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8403&start=10#p117081" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8403&start=10#p117081</a><!-- l -->

good luck with ya shaving mister

paul

I'm not dismissing the cold water shave by any means but it's just that after only 10 days improvements can seem miraculous, there's also a better than fair chance you are simply better at it.

Your signature suggests your a perfectionist by choice skinny, in the shaving world perfection = pain. Just something to bare in mind.

canon said:
well done that man :D , I tried this a few weeks ago for the first time and have found it to be the best method for my so so so delicate skin, well maybe not as delicate as yours Joe. Just a thought, do you preshave with anything, I was appling e45 about an hour before my shave, this also semed to helped. But then again I have since found out that creams/soaps that contained any kind of mentholy/eucalyptusy type extracts were redding my skin :oops: and perhaps the e45 was just stopping my pores absorbing it. I have since avoided said products and my face has settled down nicely and I dont preshave with anything,,,,,,at the moment anyway. :roll:
Im using Arko soap at the moment, my face has never shaved so good
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8403&start=10#p117081" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8403&start=10#p117081</a><!-- l -->

good luck with ya shaving mister

paul

Hi Paul,

i dont use anything pre shave mate because im a novice i like to keep it simple.
will look into getting some Arko soap or L'Occitane Cade shaving cream i think.

good to see someone else from Lincolnshire on here too :D

thanks

Joe

RB73 said:
Good to hear Joe, sounds like you've found what works well for you so stick with it fella. :)

thanks mate

antdad said:
I'm not dismissing the cold water shave by any means but it's just that after only 10 days improvements can seem miraculous, there's also a better than fair chance you are simply better at it.

Your signature suggests your a perfectionist by choice skinny, in the shaving world perfection = pain. Just something to bare in mind.

very true mate that probably half of it. im still sticking with cold warer shaving tho

good to see someone else from Lincolnshire on here too

theres more people on here from Lincs than you think,,,, they're just not admitting to it ;)

As antdad has said, after a period of time your technique does improve no question, but when you do start out you have to find the stuff that works for your skin. I definately cant use alot of the products out there, shame really 'cause I like the smell of alot of em. You will start to remember which direction to pass the blade, WTG, XTG etc. Resist the temptation to go over and over, (HE SAYS !!), this really does leave ya sore.

Im off to the bathroom now, got a date with a 7o'clock at 8o'clock, nice.
:shave

Back
Top Bottom