First DE Shave

Hi everyone,
Just thought i would share my first DE shaves.I decided to go for the cheap option just so i could practice my technique before splashing out on more expensive pieces of kit.
I bought the Boots DE razor a tube of Ingrams cream and a cheap Wilkonson Sword Brush.I decided to go face lathering which i must admit didn't work out to well the first time i think my brush was too wet so tried again and managed to get a decent lather.Then onto the shave itself it took a while to get used to it but was surprised how well a shave i managed the problem area though was the chin.
Well 2 weeks have passed now and i think i am finally getting some decent results just by taking my time and touch wood only had a couple of minor nicks.
Going to stick with this equipment for the time being as the wife asked what i wanted for christmas so i am going for the EJ89L.
Could anyone recommend a good brush for about 40-50 pounds.
Picked up some really good points just by going through this forum.Looking forward to christmas now.

scottymac said:
Hi everyone,
Just thought i would share my first DE shaves.I decided to go for the cheap option just so i could practice my technique before splashing out on more expensive pieces of kit.
I bought the Boots DE razor a tube of Ingrams cream and a cheap Wilkonson Sword Brush.I decided to go face lathering which i must admit didn't work out to well the first time i think my brush was too wet so tried again and managed to get a decent lather.Then onto the shave itself it took a while to get used to it but was surprised how well a shave i managed the problem area though was the chin.
Well 2 weeks have passed now and i think i am finally getting some decent results just by taking my time and touch wood only had a couple of minor nicks.
Going to stick with this equipment for the time being as the wife asked what i wanted for christmas so i am going for the EJ89L.
Could anyone recommend a good brush for about 40-50 pounds.
Picked up some really good points just by going through this forum.Looking forward to christmas now.

Of your are quick you might get a new forrest off fido.

Try a quarter finger size of cream dolop in the middle of your brush and add a drop if water to it..mash and rub into your other hand to check lather is nice n rich..then apply on your face literally like a "paintbrush"..works very well and don't be afraid to add a little extra water to the brush if it isn't rich n foamy as apposed to thin or watery..then you know hve probably used too much water... :roll:

Blades

Blades said:
Try a quarter finger size of cream dolop in the middle of your brush and add a drop if water to it..mash and rub into your other hand to check lather is nice n rich

Blades, this is a good way of making lather which gets very little mention. The usual choice is bowl or face, but actually for a beginner (or even not) this is a good way of literally getting a 'feel' for using a brush to make lather. I think Mantic mentions it in one of his early vids but it certainly appears to be the poor relative of the main two methods.

(I'm off before I try to lever in a gag about the pleasures of the palm :eek: )

Hey!..

I was getting to the words "face lathering"..got a little side tracked yapping ok!.. :lol:

I agree though face lathering for me works AMAZING..I have a wooden shave bowl that isnt coated therefor sucks all moisture from any brush I use boar/badger

Blades

Hey!..

I was getting to the words "face lathering"..got a little side tracked yapping ok!.. :lol:

I agree though face lathering for me works AMAZING..I have a wooden shave bowl that isnt coated therefor sucks all moisture from any brush I use boar/badger

Blades

Back
Top Bottom