First DE Shave with SuperSpeed

So my Gillette SS turned up today. After a quick clean and sterilise, I went for my first shave with it.

I used my last remaining Wilkinson Sword blade, C&E Sienna cream and my high street brush. Worked a bit on my lather technique and did a two pass WTG and XTG shave. Apart from a small area under my chin, all pretty smooth. Tidied the chin up with a quick ATG and it feels gooooood.

Although I was DE shaving before - I was using a cheapo razor. I always suffered a bit of soreness across the neck, but not tonight :)

Will be looking to get a blade sampler pack to see what really suits - but enjoyed the experience of the SS. Had to modify my technique a bit and concentrate, but still an enjoyable experience.

Indeed, a great razor full stop. I put in a couple of decades with an Aristocrat Jr. (basically a hairy-arsed Superspeed made in Britain) before I troubled to try anything else, and it's still my favourite. All those twist to open Gillettes which comprise the SS family seem ergonomically perfect to me, so it's just a matter of finding the one with exactly the right level of aggression.

I do like my Super Speed I find with Gillette 7 O'clock (yellow box) works really well for me.

It is a close run thing between my Slim and Super Speed which I like the best ;-)

Ooo nice!!
I have a thing about superspeeds and they are cool.
I have found that any Gillette blade from the Pteresburg factory ie yellows, greens, nacets, permasharps, platinums work really well.
Enjoy,
Timslick

Back
Top Bottom