First DE shave ever

After months of lurking/learning from this forum I finally took the plunge and purchased myself the DE equipment that was required for a grown ups shave. Initially I joined this page for hints and tips on straight razor shaving, though much to my wife's relief I decided to start with a safety razor. Even the name put her at ease.
I opted for a Muhle sophist shave set, they seemed to have positive reviews and it looks really nice in the bathroom. The soap I chose was Truefitt & Hill West Indian lime, again nice looking tub and I like fresh smell.
After watching every video on YouTube it was time. The shave itself went well enough, the end result was no worse than my cartridge razor though it felt better. I know there are things I can improve on, blades creams and technique and so on. The main thing is I'm looking forward to shaving more.

Good to hear. And so it begins. A never ending choice of software and hardware which will make each shave feel unique and puta smile on your face and dent in your wallet.
Welcome.

I got into wet shaving to save money on cartridges. In that respect I succeeded.

My spending on soaps and blades is spiraling.

My Xmas and birthdays lists are covered for the next 3 years and written in pencil for the following years.

Tony.T said:
Good for you- now just be careful not to get 'enabled' and join the ranks of the RAD afflicted.

Matron- when is my next dose ?

at first we all think we are immune.

i now own 4 straight razors,a shavvete and a de.

if your worried about RAD (razor aquisition disorder)

wait till you get HAD (hone aquisition disorder)

Back
Top Bottom