First DE razor advice wanted.

Rik said:
antdad said:
That'll do to start, one Merkur and one Flair tip.

They are very different razors and it will tempting to switch between the two but just use one for the time being at least until you feel your technique is sorted.

Totally agree with this; pick one and use it for a month to get familiar with it. Don't flip flop between the two.

Sound advice I'm sure! I'm naturally impatient, so am going to hold fire on the Merkur for now to reduce , that way being consistent with razor and soaps then I can work on my technique and blade choice.

JohnnyO said:
And so the first steps in what was to become one of the world's largest veteran & vintage collection commenced ...............................

Have loads of fun QJames, you are now officially hooked !

JohnnyO.

I fear you may well be right ...... cheers :lol:

Just chipping in if you haven't made your mind up yet I'd go for the Merkur 34C simply because very much a "middle of the road" razor. If you find it too much to begin with you can move to something less aggressive like a Tech or on the other hand if you find it isn't aggressive enough you could move onto an adjustable.

I'd avoid getting any Parker razor.

andyjreid said:
I'd avoid getting any Parker razor.

I'm not sure I've read anything bad about their 3-Piece razors. The TTOs are a lottery apparently - mine was ok... 90R Knightsbridge model; but they do seem to need better quality control on the TTOs.

... and there is a very snazzy looking model of 3 Piece that draws my 'Magpie-Eyes' back to it fairly consistently.

The 34C is a definite for the future, maybe a birthday present later in the year.

I'm getting on really well with the Superspeed and red persona's, I've only used it three time's but have had three good shaves. Maybe that's why I bought a Fatboy from ebay last night...... :oops:

It was a bit of an unknown gamble purchase, but I'll post up in due course ;)

Back
Top Bottom