First cut

Ihave been wearing a beard for about forty years now, my first new razor is a wilkinson since then and this is me first posting on the web and on here and since then. The razor I was given had wilkinson blade which I thought was pretty good but I gather some others might be better.

Welcome to the land of the exposed face after so long in the wilderness.

The Wilkinson is fine while you get to grips with de shaving, and you may well be happy to stick with it, shaving is subjective. You will likely get better performance from a more expensive razor but which one suits your skin, beard, contours and technique you can only find out by experimenting.

Also, how deep are your pockets? You can easily get hooked and spend a lot but not everyone can of wants to splash the cash. I don't think there's any snobbery here, so you won't feel peer pressure to upgrade, just you have a great resource to help you if you choose to.

Have a good read at the shaving help subforum for info on technique and starter equipment and then check out shaving tackle subforums.

Thanks ravey, not too worried about snobbery, lots of new money here. I think I would like to stay to with plastic at the mo

Back
Top Bottom