Finally using my Feathers

After an horrific first attempt, indecided to use the gillette 7 o'clock yellows. Done about 6 shaves and though i would give the feather ago again.

Firstly, I was getting satisfying shaves with the yellows. Perfect near enough.....

After the first few strokes with the feather I could tell a difference, especially on my chin area it seemed to cut alot easier. Overall all my shaves with feather have been excellent, no burn, less passes and no soreness.

Yay!!

How many uses have you used with your 1st blade?..I personally cant get a 2nd use with em...1 4 pass blade..then to the bin...I don't have anymore of em :mrgreen:

B

Blades said:
How many uses have you used with your 1st blade?..I personally cant get a 2nd use with em...1 4 pass blade..then to the bin...I don't have anymore of em :mrgreen:

B

Never tried more than one shave from each side of the blade, 3 passes. I don't flip when shaving lol

beejay said:
Lucky you,,I still cant get Feathers to work for me.
They give a very uncomfortable shave :( .
regards, beejay

It must be like marmite!

Some how it now works for me, I can even do atg on my neck but only x on my tash area. Strange. Never thought they could differ so much for each person.

Funny, I get on with Feathers just fine. And I also find that they keep their edge for the longest of the blades I've tried so far - including 7 O'clock yellows, Super-Thins, Israelis.

I am liking the Gillette 7 o'clocks. Next best thing to the Feather for me.

They are almost as sharp, but I find them milder on my face. So if I haven't DE shaved with the heavy Merkur Futur for a while, the 7 o'clock is a good blade to use until I get my hand in again.

They're sharp, but they irritate me and I end up with red blotches on my neck for about an hour afterwards. I stick with Gillettes now, yellow sharpedge or green superstainless, they're both good.

Do those who have problems other than longevity with Feathers try them in several razors? I've only tried them in a merkur 38r and got on well with them. I will have to try in something totally different to satisfy my curiosity

Tried them in the Edwin Jagger and the 34C, but not in anything vintage as I'm not a glutton for punishment... 2 razors were enough trial for me. I could try them in a tech but the Gillettes work nicely and life's much too short for bad shaves. I can see why they're popular but they're just not for me. :(

Tried a Feather blade in my Goodfella tonight and to be honest I did not find the shave quite as comfortable. It was not a bad shave but compared to the Gillette 7 O'Clock's I have been using they are not quite as smooth, and I also picked up a couple of nicks as well.

Have to say though they really do cut through the beard with absolutely no fuss! Normally you can hear the razor / blade working but the Feathers barely make any noise at all!

first time I tried feathers about 9 months ago they nearly ripped my face off :shock:

Now with better technique and possibly more accustomed skin they give me a very nice shave and are my favourite blades in both the EJ and the flair tip rocket {which is a really SMMMOOOOTTTHHH shave with this blade}.

Back
Top Bottom