Fido's New Forest brush gets bigged-up on B&B

I see a user called Loner16's given Fido's New Forest 2201 Two-Band Super brush a favourable mention in his SOTD today over in 'the other place':

"Today's shave was sublime!
The New Forest brush reminds me of a Jack Russel Terrier, a big dog with the heart of a lion in a small package! Great performance from this little brush... favorable in comparison to my Simpson's Ehsan."

Wonder if he'll be banned? :lol:

I suspect the holy cleansing fires of Moderation will sweep any mention of Fidos excellent new brush from the pages for fear of the unholy question - 'What happened to the vendor - fido?'
The inevitable response and 2000 followup posts Kissing the mods arse for doing so (Please like me! i hate everyone for no reason as well!.)

But like the Murphys and all that.... :lol:

Attero said:
I suspect the holy cleansing fires of Moderation will sweep any mention of Fidos excellent new brush from the pages for fear of the unholy question - 'What happened to the vendor - fido?'
The inevitable response and 2000 followup posts Kissing the mods arse for doing so (Please like me! i hate everyone for no reason as well!.)

But like the Murphys and all that.... :lol:

It's already happened read the thread, new forest brushes and read it back a few posts.

To be fair, B&B have obviously decided to compromise. They are allowing no new threads, have renamed the original one and are allowing additional posts. They are keeping a close watch to ensure there are no repeat posts or too much enthusiasm. And reminding people of the vendors earlier rule breaking. I have no complaints. I'm a little surprised at what almost seems a conspiracy of silence at Shave My Face. But the brushes are selling even faster than my 2201!

I'm always astounded by the enthusiastic coverage that Rudy Vey gets...but then again he's a paid up member vendor. (This is not a slight on Vey by the way)

Don't waste your fingerprints on SMF.

antdad said:
I'm always astounded by the enthusiastic coverage that Rudy Vey gets...but then again he's a paid up member vendor. (This is not a slight on Vey by the way)

Don't waste your fingerprints on SMF.

Enthusiastic coverage by the mods, or the regualr members?

You are right. Especially when compared to the Fido & Frank Shaving brushes have certainly stirred up emotions, bad & good.

However,I feel that custom brush makers are a little different though. The likes of Vey & Neo & Beejay plus other great craftsmen, generally use supplied knots & are not judged as direct competion to established brush makers.

Just remember, you're only allowed to post reviews :lol:

Might grab me one at some point, looks like a lovely brush, im assuming it has enough backbone for soaps.

And whilst on the subject, on fido's blog where he has a line up of brushes, any idea on what brush is second from the right, i think it's gorgeous.

huxley said:
Just remember, you're only allowed to post reviews :lol:

Might grab me one at some point, looks like a lovely brush, im assuming it has enough backbone for soaps.

And whilst on the subject, on fido's blog where he has a line up of brushes, any idea on what brush is second from the right, i think it's gorgeous.

This pic?

DSC_2560.jpg

Left to right: Tulip Super, Rooney Sivertip. Plisson HMW, NF bloomed sample, Savile Row 3824 Silvertip, Jagger Sivertip.

If you are referring to another pic PM me and I'll let you know.

Great work, that is indeed the pic im after. So it's the savile row 3824 silvertip i love, thanks fido.

But i will have buy yours at some point, im finding two brushes just isn't enough. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom