Fess up!

I recieved today 'Art of shaving cream'.....'Sandalwoood essential oils for all skin types'. My relatively small posterior!!! Also a small disc of soap which smells at this stage remarkably similar. Remarkakably similar to TOC. Isolated coumrin? help me out here Henk.
You may say, and quite rightly, that I'm just a silly nanny!
But I've sniffed a few men in my time! Whatever that is, and TOC is the same, I would not trust, nor like, a man who smelt like that......all other things being equal. :oops:
Who has sent me this bastardisation of Sandalwood 'cream', and anonymous soap?? Makes me feel good about Sandalwoody!!

soapalchemist said:
Am now thinking this must be the Tabac from Antdad!! Do people really like that smell?? I can smell it from 10 feet away!!

The thing I like least about Tabac is the scent. I don't dislike it, but I'm not completly in love with it, but that doesn't matter, as all soap/cream scents seem to have left my person by the time I've left the bathroom and walked down the stairs.

What I AM in love with is the way that Tabac works. I reckon you could use the wrong end of a shaving brush and still get a good lather from it, and the lather is just SO GOOD.

Ian

hunnymonster said:
I'm looking at the time of your first post and wondering if your postie was incredibly late for Monday or incredibly early for Tuesday :D Can't help on the origin of the items though - I can't stand sandalwood stench, er scent.

HWMOM's brother had a bit of a medical emergency yesterday, leading to late night. The smell of Art of Shaving's 'Sandalwood essential oil for all skin types' doesn't smell remotely like sandalwood to me. No ingredient's on the tube so can't say for certain but it's not sandalwood. Both it and the Tabac do lather quickly and proprofusely. I'm hoping Arrowhead and mystery gannet may also have received their PIF of Sandalwoody, in which case I look forward to their honest reviews.

I sent the sample's out last Thursday or Friday so you should get them soon enough.

I would take any AoS sandalwood product (scent and performance) over almost anything I've tried to date except maybe Penhaligon's English Fern OF. See my Winter soap review and frankly any other review because most of them rate the AoS as the closest to true sandalwood, you can dismiss that if you wish but I know what I prefer and what I would recommend.

I thought I wrote a 4 line review of "Sandalwoody" somewhere, by all means find it and post it.

Well, having just smelt AoS again, and real Sandalwood, and my own Sandalwoody, AoS is suddenly starting to smell more like the real thing then it did when I was half asleep. :oops: But not exactly the same, and too overpowering for my taste. But each to their own, it's obviously popular. Noses are funny things.

Back
Top Bottom