Feather Popular TTO

just had a shave with the feather popular razor with a brand new wilkinson sword blade and it performed very very poorly. In fact i had to switch back to my EJ DE 89 halfway through. When you guys talk about mild and aggresive razors. This combo seemed extremely mild i domt know whether it was my growth what but it just didnt perform in that razor. Quite dissapointed really.

just had a shave with the feather popular razor with a brand new wilkinson sword blade and it performed very very poorly. In fact i had to switch back to my EJ DE 89 halfway through. When you guys talk about mild and aggresive razors. This combo seemed extremely mild i domt know whether it was my growth what but it just didnt perform in that razor. Quite dissapointed really.
Try the razor again with a different blade and see if that changes anything. Or you could also try that blade in a different razor and see how it feels :)

Try the razor again with a different blade and see if that changes anything. Or you could also try that blade in a different razor and see how it feels :)
Ye im thinking it might be the blade the first time i used it the blade was a feather. But as i said i will try another blade but the DE 89 with a personna platinum 2nd use finished off the shave beautifully.

Never used this razor but i found these blades to be garbage,well the ones i bought in a local chemist anyway.

Many folks fear the Feather blade for whatever reasons they come up with. One thing I found out with the Feather Popular was that it took full advantage of all the good points of a Feather blade and minimized all of the disadvantages. Yes, I'm saying they were made for each other and I have never used anything else with the Popular.

The feather popular was my first DERazor, but I never used it with the feather blades, I found it mild, but usable, using the 7 o'clock yellows

I plan on shim ing it at some stage, but have yet to get around to it.

It's not as mild as many think, it just requires a different angle and a sharp blade. German made Wilkies aren't one of the latter. You can use some pressure with the Popular as well.

The feather popular was my first DERazor, but I never used it with the feather blades, I found it mild, but usable, using the 7 o'clock yellows

I plan on shim ing it at some stage, but have yet to get around to it.
Iv heard aboit shimming ian but im still a newbie so i will keep to the basica just now lol.

Back
Top Bottom