Feather Blades

I don't know if anyone has mentioned "hand stropping" before. You "strop" the blade against the soft part of your palm, and many people claim that this will give you more shaves. It's not necessary to do this after every shave, but it could help to do it after 2 or 3 shaves with a Feather.

Pauldog said:
I don't know if anyone has mentioned "hand stropping" before. You "strop" the blade against the soft part of your palm, and many people claim that this will give you more shaves. It's not necessary to do this after every shave, but it could help to do it after 2 or 3 shaves with a Feather.

Here is the You Tube link <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogq4wfpT7hc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogq4wfpT7hc</a><!-- m -->

I tried it once. Didn't notice any difference.

I tried it to smooth the edges of the blade in the hope of a better 1st shave, as corking didn't work. I think I went too deep into the cork and ended up with a dull blade and a rubbish shave. I wouldn't be bothered with corking either. If I was resorting to that I would just change my blade.

However the more I use the Feather blades, the more that I am liking them. I really should have waited before posting my review. My advice to anyone having bother with the Feathers is to persevere. And for Gods sake remember the mantra " NO PRESSURE " As light a touch as you can manage.

Feathers are far too sharp for me,i could never shave without having a problem in fact i gave away two packs to a fellow TSR member,i have found red personnas are far more forgiving as i too have sensitive skin.
I'm currently trying a pack of Shark blades with considerable success.

Dave.

I love Feathers, but I couldn't use them every day. In fact, I can't shave every day with any blade, my skin just can't take it. I do however always go for BBS with 3-4 passes plus touch-ups.

They are excellent blades which work extremely well with a really slick soap like Mama Bears. I don't think I've ever had any irritation using this combo.

John

Back
Top Bottom