Feather AS-D1 surface wear

pugh-the-special-one said:
I also think we may be talking about two entiirely different micro fibre cloths, now i'm a pretty keen photographer myself, and I certainly wouldn't shell out on a Kenro micro fibre cloth to clean my razors, I think what the majority of people cleaning their razors with are the blue coloured ones you buy from B&Q or Wilkinsons now these are specifically made for kitchen surfaces and stainless steel items like taps kettles and so on, the photography micro fibre cloths certainly would not harm your razor, as they are made for removing dust and grime from far more expensive items than a razor, I use the blue ones from B&Q on all of my straight razor restores and custom jobs, they work really well but I dont think they are as kind as many people make out.

Jamie.

I dont think it matters jamie if the cloth is from kenro or B&Q it is still just a a cloth and no matter how cheap it is, still will not scratch or damage stainless steel, I fail to see you they will be less kind as will still have the same size of fiber(though the type may vary slightly) you properly dont find the ones you use on razor restores as soft as your camera ones as they are designed to trap dust and particles so your restore ones will be catching particles from all over the place and then this will transfer into scratches and such when trying to use them for a final polishing on razors. try treating them the same way you do you camera ones and you will probably find them a lot kinder

is that all he done to it, to be honest he would be better getting someone to stick in in a tumbler for a couple of hrs would lose the laser etch but bet the rest would come up nice

Note. not a rock tumbler that would not be a good idea:s

Back
Top Bottom