Feather AC SS

Just pulled the trigger on one of these..., I'm mainly a DE chap but got a Parker shavette to try and was appalled at the quality of build.....it's off to the pass round pile!

Now, should I start with pro guard or light blades?..:huh:

Ps, risked a buy from West Coast Shaving and asked for a low value declaration...we will see!:angel:

Currently only £60 or thereabouts.:icon_razz:

A great razor! I would stick with the proguard to start off with, just until you get the hang of it. I have been using them for quite a few weeks now and they still give an excellent shave. I am just about to start trying the other blades and am looking forward to it

Start with the Pro-Guard blades.

The Light blades have a ridiculously narrow blade exposure when fitted to the SS, unlike in the RG/DX which seems to hold them slightly er, higher(?).

Bear in mind that the Pro-Guard blades don't feel as smooth as the Professional / Super blades but those bad boys are very unforgiving to lapses of concentration.

Proguard definitely.

I love my Proguards. You start off with confidence because of the wires, but still know that you have to concentrate, so still get that feeling of achievement.

joe mcclaine said:
Bear in mind that the Pro-Guard blades don't feel as smooth as the Professional / Super blades but those bad boys are very unforgiving to lapses of concentration.

This.

The Professionals are so sharp that sometimes you don't realise you've nicked yourself until you can see the claret leaking out.

I would be interested to know if your order from West Coast get's caught for VAT and import tax or not. I am considering buying this razor also from West Coast also.

Thanks
Goody54321.

privatedoc said:
Thanks folks, my family are getting me it for Father's Day so doubt ill see it till then.....pro guards it is then!

Hope the pro guard or light blades work for you, they didn't for me, I can't seem to get a good shave out of those. Pro's, super pro's, kai mild and dorco blades all work great here. Enjoy your SS!

Browsing this as I'm still looking for a cheaper deal on a Feather Artist Club SS than buying new and noticed the price quoted from West Coast shaving. If you get caught by customs how much does it add on please? I'd like to be prepared if I take this route!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I imported a SS with teak scales and got caught by customs, €10 customs handling, 21% tax and a fine of 40+ euro, total 86 euro's on top of the razor :-( Don't you know someone in the US that would be willing to send it to you as a gift?

Unfortunately not Snuff, but that lot is over the top for charges. Think I'd better wait and just buy one from the vendor in the UK instead! Thanks for the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Just be patient, you might have to look on a few other forums where several of these have been up for sale the last few weeks (between £40-45 normally). Best way is to put up a WTB (want to buy add)

Back
Top Bottom