Favourite Brush Handle

Just wondering what types of handle people do and don't like on their shaving brushes. Do you like it long or short? Chubby or thin? Loud colours or plain? If it's ergonomically great but not pleasing on the eye does this bother you, or must it feel good AND look good?

I've been mainly using a Razorock Barber handle 24mm plissoft synthetic. It gets the job done and is nice & soft but I'm not a huge fan of the handle. Recently got an RR Big Bruce and I think I prefer the hourglass shape to the barber pole but the 26mm knot seems a bit overkill.

So I may try a 24mm RR Bruce or maybe an EJ or Muhle synthetic as those handles look great. Then again I am a sucker for a nice marble / swirl design. I'm also feeling drawn to 4/6 sided handles such as this Cadman one with its stunning finish, though its beyond my budget for now.

http://www.badgerandbowl.com/synthetic-shaving-brush-purple-white

So many choices! Over to you . . .

+1 on the RR Big Bruce Handle which I prefer to the standard Bruce handle; knots though are only ok for me standard RR 24mm handle not so good but knot great - as the glue bump is higher in my one; Omega 49, Baby Pro, 011829 and SOC handles work really well for me as do the knots...

I have the Razorock Big Bruce and love the handle on that. But I also like the shorter and wider handle on my Simpson Chubby 2 so I would be hard pushed to decide between a wider/chubbier handle (on the Simpson) and a longer more slender handle on the Big Bruce.

Most appealing shapes are the Rubberset 400, the Rubberset 200 and the Persian Jar/Alibaba. They feel good in the hand whilst being aesthetically pleasing. Favourite colour is faux ivory, but jade, horn, tortoiseshell and butterscotch bring a welcome change in small doses. Don't like Chubby-style handles; uncomfortable to hold and aesthetically displeasing. Highly coloured handles that are the rage today are more suited to a sweet shop than a bathroom let alone a shaving brush; the market will soon tire of them

Well after declaring myself not to be a big fan of the barber handle, I've only gone and ordered a Yaqi black marble tuxedo in that handle shape. I don't think I know what I want. Deeper into the rabbit hole I go. Might as well get a 400 to try as well, and one of every other possible shape handle :eek:

Back
Top Bottom