Faulty Tradere Head on eBay

Looks like the shaving community is on to him. He's added this to the page,

"On 12-Mar-17 at 06:41:34 GMT, seller added the following information:

"I'm informed by the shaving community in the US that this particular head may have been poorly manufactured - hence the mild side and slightly more aggressive side to the razor head - this was not a feature of the original model - I cannot edit the title of the auction though - but I am getting a lot of information that Tradere razors were supposed to have the same aggressiveness on each side of the head."

Looks like the shaving community is on to him. He's added this to the page,

"On 12-Mar-17 at 06:41:34 GMT, seller added the following information:

"I'm informed by the shaving community in the US that this particular head may have been poorly manufactured - hence the mild side and slightly more aggressive side to the razor head - this was not a feature of the original model - I cannot edit the title of the auction though - but I am getting a lot of information that Tradere razors were supposed to have the same aggressiveness on each side of the head."

I've tried to inform as many people as I could.
I admit it wasn't one of Traderes finest examples but the reason for the uneven blade gap is because I had it machined to try and rectify the problem (They weren't producing them at the time) and it was a gamble that didn't work.

He knows the problem because I still have the original PM I sent him, so he's just trying to cover his back.

Here's a copy of the PM I sent to him on May 10 2016, so if he said he didn't know......

Hi Ratty,

I have a Tradere SB head that I've never been happy with. The blade just didn't seem to look right, always higher at one end. I originally thought that one of the holes where the top cap sits hadn't been machined out deep enough.
I checked the thickness of the plate at both ends and I found it was thicker at one end than the other.
It also looked if the blade was exposed more on one side than the other, this was due to the underneath of the baseplate not being machined exactly the same as the other side.
I got someone to skim the plate to even it out and he told me of the possible consequences.
Anyway.... to cut a long story short, I now have one SB head milder on one side than the other but it still shaves on one side pretty much as it should. The top of the baseplate still has some machining marks but I knew this would happen but you can't see it with the top cap on. If he had tried to polish them out completely the shave would be even milder.
This was definitely not one of Traderes finest examples.
If you still want it you're more than welcome to it.
Cheers
Peter

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom