Fatip Piccolo

Very efficient but sadly also far too aggressive. This was one of those ‘bloodbath’ razors, even with a plain Derby or BIC orange blade. But as ever, YMMV. But I’ll stick with the mild CC guys thank you :)

Funny how we can all find the same razor so different, isn't it?

When it comes to aligning it, the few I got last are actually easy to deal with in this regard - if you tighten it with the head resting on the comb, then it should be even, but you might want to check whether the blade exposure it the same on both sides, in which case you could repeat the procedure, but with the comb on other side of the head.

Another way it to drop the blade in, then press the baseplate down and hold it there while tightening the handle.

A third option to get it to align without much fuss can be to put head on a flat surface with a tab facing down. Because the pins are round, it should prop the centres of blade holes against the centres of the pins on the top cap,

I have had a few Fatip heads which were so poorly made it was difficult to get the blade to align, but the three approaches I mention above worked well for me with my more recent Fatip heads.

I now have a few Fatips. I've found thus works for them all:

Pop the blade onto the cap
Assemble the razor but don't tighten it right up
Pull the blade against the posts

In one direction you'll get perfectly even exposure as you get the blade snug against the post, in the other you'll have more exposure one side that the other. In both cases the blade is straight.

Tighten it up.

I now have a few Fatips. I've found thus works for them all:

Pop the blade onto the cap
Assemble the razor but don't tighten it right up
Pull the blade against the posts

In one direction you'll get perfectly even exposure as you get the blade snug against the post, in the other you'll have more exposure one side that the other. In both cases the blade is straight.

Tighten it up.
Because of the round hole and pins, if you press against the blade from the side of a blade tab, it should yield equal exposure and good alignment. As long as the pins or the holes aren't out whack too much.

Back
Top Bottom