Fatboy! Whats all the fuss about?

Garbe said:
I've used 4 different butterfly door razors and they just don't hold the blade as firmly as a 3 piece. I don't get that slight vibration as with a butterfly. I wanted to love the fatboy. I even had a drunk bid on a toggle and won, but can't bring myself to use it because I know I'm going to be disappointed.

Well if ya not going to use ya toggle reain sober and give to me to try?

SIRUSKEY said:
Well I now have 3 fatboys, a slim and a black handled adj.

I will make my way through all 5 and have another think lol

Hi there,

Of course I was just having a bit of fun with you in my earlier post, but this time I'll be serious (won't last very long, but still). That idea of yours about trying different Fatboys makes sense to me. Yeah, not all Fatboys are gonna shave the same.

Over the years I've shaved with maybe 50 different ones, and they've almost all been an excellent fit. A couple didn't work for me at all, and a few were magical. For whatever the reason, those few fit me a little better than most others. One's now my go to Fatboy, and the other's my back up. Had em for years and can't sell em because the sellers remorse would be too grueesome. Heh, I did find another perfect one recently, but that one went to my buddy (damn guy wheedled it outta me). Oh, don't think I didn't ponder keeping that last one as a back up to my back up. but that would be silly.............

Anyway, I'm just saying you may find a Fatboy that'll work better for you, especially since you've got three to sample. If none of those do the trick, then there's a slight chance the Fatboy may not be for you. Did you mention what # that razor's set on? And before I forget, try a Feather blade in the Fatboy. I don't normally recommend those blades because they're just too sharp for me in almost all the razors I use. There's a few exceptions though, and the fatboy is one. Set to a low # like 4 tames that blade quite nicely.

Good luck on your journey and I hope you find the perfect everything,

Martin

Oh, did I mention that perfect everything stuff may take a few weeks to get sorted out.

Well if this fellow uses a Fatboy then they can't be bad at all:

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxUvYQH-BPE&list=FL58nugc0Dh04&index=4[/video]

The Gillette Fatboy. Dat's an option...

GilletteFusion said:
Who knows? I can get a better shave with a Sensor. Don't let nostalgia trump results.

An interesting reply, I presume that you have tried a Fatboy and found it not to your liking? We are a friendly bunch on here with a lot of experience under our belt and are always willing the give good advice to those who want to listen. We all use various razors, brushes, soaps etc and do not condem people who make informed choices. You like your Sensor , many (like myself) do not , but this has been gained by trying out different razors over time.
It would be nice if you introduced yourself in the welome section of the forum, so then we know a bit more about you?
I should also add that if you post comments that are inflammatory then be prepared to get back as good as you give, as you will find that some (most?) members have wit and sarcasm as sharp as a Feather...........:angel::angel:

Now to the FB a good razor, for me not as good as the hype but teamed up with the right blade it give a good shave. Not one of my favourites but one I have in my collection.

Now after lighting the blue touch paper I am off to ASDA.............:p:p

Ok,so I know I started saying I was a bit meh on the fatboy.however I feel it was my blade choice in it that made it meh!just had a lovelly 2 pass (only 3 pass at weekends) at 3 then 5 setting with 7 o'clock green blade and it was fab. Plan is that on sat I am going to try my new slim and compare.only thing I have noticed is my fatboy sorta clicks when opening the silo doors but once they do (bit stiff at first) click they open lovelly and smooth!

Fatboy.
Cool.
Super cool.
Absolute zero.
Style and substance.
I bet my ford focus is quicker and more practical in every sense than an MGB GT.
I know which I love more....
Slick.

Back
Top Bottom