Fatboy F3

In my local s/hand store they have this and she let me take some photos,
There is no plating loss the numbers are all still black with no paint loss and it clicks all the way round from 1-9 the box does not have a mark on it at its stamped underneath F3 so what age would it be, Also what would be the Max you should pay, No good looking at the Bay as the prices go all over the place
I will let you know the price later

Attachments

• IMG_0073.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 121
  • IMG_0074.JPG
  • IMG_0075.JPG
Gillette Fatboy - F3 places it at 3rd quarter of 1960. (Fatboys were only made for 4 years 58-61)

Fatboys are a sought after razor by most DE users, so they tend to carry a slight premium. You tend to find then from anything from £15-£50 depending on the condition and box etc.
Id say your average on the Bay was around £30 +- tho.
(That said, I payed £5 for mine and considered myself very lucky indeed, (tho it was in need of some cleaning up.))

Ultimately, its worth what you want to pay for it. If its in good nick, no plating loss, door open and seat correctly - adjustment moves and works ok - Then expect to pay about £25 i guess.
But start low and work em up ;)

Go for it. As long as the shop owner doesn't wan't any more than twenty quid for it. Twenty five quid tops I would say. You would get your money back on it and more if you didn't like it as a shaver.

It looks like there is a "touch" of plating loss on the underside but nothing I would worry about.

antdad said:
Go for it. As long as the shop owner doesn't wan't any more than twenty quid for it. Twenty five quid tops I would say. You would get your money back on it and more if you didn't like it as a shaver.

It looks like there is a "touch" of plating loss on the underside but nothing I would worry about.
No plating loss just my crap iphone photos :lol:

Just here I think...just the sort of thing a fruit cake collector would worry about. :lol:

img0075rz.jpg

Well worth the money, I would have bought it at that price even though I have one, I think any one of us here would have done the same.

Well done, not often that will happen but when it does it is nice.

I love those Fatboy cases. The b/w contrast and the typeface - sooo early 1960's

I imagine some CIA men in sharp suits meeting NASA scientists in a Holiday Inn c. 1959-64. Dark glasses, martinis, that sort of thing.

Back
Top Bottom