Faena Vanilla....hmnmmmm

Ok so picked up a puck of this soap and i'm holding back using it for a shave as i'm waiting on a new razor to land so want some beard to shave as soon as I get the razor. But I couldn't help from having a trail lather. I've tried 4 ways 1. Dry puck damp brush heavy loading and hand and face lather adding water where needed. 2. Blooming the puck, loading with a semi wet brush and bowl lathering, adding water when needed. 3. Blooming the puck draining most of the water and puck lathering. 4. Soakedbrush tap out most of water dry puck. 45 sec tip loading followed by face lather.Not sure which worked better lol. I've been loving lathering my 1912 of late, which is effortless and is my all round fav but the faena seems to be a weirdone. Its dry then its to wet, it plays like its a water hungry soap but even with water is added little at a time it suddenly displayed too much water and it goesweird sloppy big bubbles. not enough water its too dry. Plus when rinsed off i'm gettin the paraso/arko smell and notmuch vanilla past the lathering. And finally it gives that arko squeaky clean feel post shave feel on your skin( I saypost shave so I did shave my forearms in the end lol). and finally I get a heavy carbolic soap smell with a touch ofvanilla in the back ground once washed off....way in the background somewhere locked in the back. :eek: i'm confused lol.Have they melted down some carbolic pour and mix base mixed in some smallamount of vanilla scent and lots of arko lol.

Anyone got any advice? Is this just a dudsoap. I had high hopes for a hand made soap made on some greek hill by someones granny lol.

Anyone used this soap?

Back
Top Bottom