Every Day and Best Blades?

my favourite at the moment are perma sharps or rapira ,the perma sharps are made in st petersburg for
the turkish market , rapira's are i believe the top selling brand in russi
just waiting for a couple of hundred voskhods ,they are teflon coated , made in moscow by the same company that make the rapira's
still use a gillette yellow/ green every now and then ,again made in russia this time in st petersburg

The blades I use tend to fall into three camps; sharp (Feather, 7 O'Clock Yellow & Super Thins), mild (Lord Platinums) and somewhere in between (Dorco ST-301's).

I find that different sharpness is needed dependent upon how much growth I have on both my face and head and whether the Seborrhoeic Dermatitis I suffer from has flared up or not.

The Lords and Dorcos work well on a daily basis on both my head and face, whilst the sharper blades are better for 2 to 3 days growth.

The Yellow 7's and Super Thins are my usual daily blades, whilst my horde of Iridiums and NOS Bleue's keep getting pushed to the back of the box as they can't be replaced, so I suppose they are my treat blades.

I'm getting though all my daily blades because I've settled on 7 o'clock greens and Rapira as my favourites (for now!!) I'm not surprised the 7 o'clocks came up, but the Iridiums weren't mentioned for a while. I have a couple and they are very good, but I'll probably keep them since they are as rare as their metal namesake!

I'm using the Gillette Wilkinsons and Zorriks at the moment and remember when I got them I thought they were pretty good - not great, but petty good. I think I was wowed by the low price. Now I'm thinking they're ok but not close enough really - I have to put Fatboy on number 6 or more to get a very close shave (I usually use 3-5). Should I keep using them or just sell/PIF a load on here?

Back
Top Bottom