Ever-Ready brush; what polish to use

[attachment=11741][attachment=11741]Hello peeps,

I have done a coupe of brush restorations so far but I have only restored butterscotch handles and apart from cleaning the handles, I didn't do anything to them as I didn't want to lose the colour.
So having picked this Ever-Ready brush up I want to spruce it up and make it shine. There are a few rough patches which I thought about sanding, does anyone have any input t what grit I should use?
Also does anyone know a decent polish which I should use? I did a google search but all I could find in threads were American products.
With a general search online I found plastic polish but I was just wondering if anyone has a particular polish which is any good?
Cheers guys

Attachments

• ever-ready brush.jpg
    ever-ready brush.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 23
Regarding the sanding, I would not go any lower than 600 initially and see if this removes the rough patches. If so, then work up the grits to about 1200 and you can also buy micro cloths which will eventually achieve a high shine when you polish.

Can't advise a brand as I use a polishing mop which uses a product called Vonax but this would not be any good for hand polishing.

Back
Top Bottom