evening gents

Wow, what a response, thanks fellas.
had a great shave this morning with a Perma sharp. It was sent along with the horse hair brush and some soap I ordered from bestshave. He included a few freebie blades. There's also a shark, Rapira and another I can't remember just now.

The Perma is soo much better than the derby blade I first used.

mstrunck said:
Hi and welcome to TSR!

As already mentioned, go to Connaught for a good blade sampler pack. He has a very large variety!

I started out with a Progress, just because the 34c was out of stock at the time I ordered. When I did not get the results I wanted, I just dialed up the setting. One year later, and a few more razors, I now get consistently good shaves with the progress at setting 1.

My point is this: Stick with the EJ for a while to get the technique right. You can get closer shaves faster with the progress, but doing so may not force you to learn the angles correctly.

That said, you may very well be a faster learner than me.

Enjoy!

/Max

I think I'll take your advice, already bought the progress, so its on route to me. I'll stick with these for a while. Got to shave with the EJthis morning having been away for a few days and realised how good this razor is, nice weight and close trouble free shave, as I had to use the Gillette sensor. I didn't think I'd get on a plane with the EJ and blades.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom