evening gents

G

Hello newbie to de shaving. Got myself a EJ from amazon and have got the bug. I came across this site and glad to have found a UK forum, as they all seem to be based in the states.

I got a pack of derbys with the razor and really want to try some different brands. Any suggestions for where I can get some good sample packs?

Oh and have just ordered a merkur progress long handle, who said de shaving was cheaper! :roll:

Welcome Sir Garbe to this most gentlemanlike of forums, located in the UK, even though not all members are.

There are even some semi-gentleman from the continent. ;)

/m

Thank you for the warm welcome. I've spent sometime going through the forum and found loads of useful info.

Looking forward to trying some different blades and razors.

Hi and welcome to TSR!

As already mentioned, go to Connaught for a good blade sampler pack. He has a very large variety!

I started out with a Progress, just because the 34c was out of stock at the time I ordered. When I did not get the results I wanted, I just dialed up the setting. One year later, and a few more razors, I now get consistently good shaves with the progress at setting 1.

My point is this: Stick with the EJ for a while to get the technique right. You can get closer shaves faster with the progress, but doing so may not force you to learn the angles correctly.

That said, you may very well be a faster learner than me.

Enjoy!

/Max

welcome, I'm a shaving newbie and looking forward to it all. Have ordered a starter shaving pack and waiting delivery ... awesome

Back
Top Bottom