EU made blades

Just a daft thing really, but I like to buy locally produced goods wherever possible. As far as I know, no one in my village or anywhere else in the UK is producing DE blades anymore. So widening the search, what blades are still made in the EU? So far I've found:

Wilkinson Sword - Germany
BIC - Greece
Croma Diamant - Germany
Bolzano Superinox - ?

Anymore I should be looking at?

slowblade said:
Just a daft thing really, but I like to buy locally produced goods wherever possible. As far as I know, no one in my village or anywhere else in the UK is producing DE blades anymore. So widening the search, what blades are still made in the EU? So far I've found:

Wilkinson Sword - Germany
BIC - Greece
Croma Diamant - Germany
Bolzano Superinox - ?

Anymore I should be looking at?

As far as I kn ow this would actually be:

• Elios, Croma Diamant, & Bolzano Superinox - Germany[/list:u]

They are all made by the same company, though Bolzanos use to be Italian-made, & Elios were Spanish-made.
    • I still think that Bolzanos are the blades with the classiest packaging I've seen, yet.[/list:u]
      :cool:

hunnymonster said:
Putting that in perspective, Red IP are about the same price (or less - I think I've seen then for
£14/200)

There's an offer on the Red IP's, good price.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=45752#p45752" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?p=45752#p45752</a><!-- l -->

If I extend to include the "Eurovision Song Contest Zone" I could add the Personnas and Crystals from Israel and the Russian 7'oClocks and Astras... No, on second thoughts, I hate that Eurovision thing :D

hunnymonster said:
You can add Laser (as sold in Wilkinson the shop) - made in France, but made from wood I think.

Are they actually made there? I've tried (though not too strenuously) to locate where in France they were being produced, but not really found out too much yet.

• ...I'd just figured that, like a few of the recent 'British blades', which are made in the same places as we mostly heard about (India/Bangladesh/Pakistan/etc., but the laws allow UK claims, for various reasons.
    • If they are different than the other Laser, they're still called the same thing on both packs, aren't they? Super Platinums iirc...[/list:u][/list:u]
      • man, this stuff can get confuzzling. :? [/list:u]

Back
Top Bottom