Erasmic

Aztecface said:
Get the old stuff whenever you can. The new isn't worth to look at.

Is the new stuff...which I haven't seen yet...really so much different? What's the Balm like? Why still no AS?

There's a load in our local "Savers" shop. I've got two bowls, two sticks and three tubes of cream in my stash.

More cream this weekend it is then. You've talked me into it!

:lol:

Tim B said:
The old stock is still around. I picked some up on Monday. I'll probably get another one soon.

Aye, they've had three different sticks and now three different creams. Chances are whichever you like will be the first to disappear.

Big.Dave said:
Pete I managed to pick up some sticks of the old style soap 75p a go from Blunsdon market if you are after some.

Thanks Dave, but I've never got on with any of the sticks or the soap in bowl.

The original sticks were tallow based.
The soap a in bowl, was a totally different formulation, propylene glycol based.
Then they reformulated the sticks to a palmate base.
Then they introduced a 'supreme' stick with the same formula as the bowl.
Then they withdrew the palmate sticks and re-introduced the tallow.

Confusing, eh? The only common factor for me is that they are all bad.

The creams are a different story - they've only had three and two are very good and the other is mediocre.

Compare this lot to Palmolive - one stick, one cream both superb.

I find this cream to be nasty.
It lathers quickly and looks nice, but it offers virtually no slickness. I used some last night, first pass was awful added more water and it disappeared. Washed it down the drain and whipped up some Palmolive. What a difference, enjoyed a nice shave.
I won't be using erasmic again.

Voltstick said:
I find this cream to be nasty.
It lathers quickly and looks nice, but it offers virtually no slickness. I used some last night, first pass was awful added more water and it disappeared. Washed it down the drain and whipped up some Palmolive. What a difference, enjoyed a nice shave.
I won't be using erasmic again.

I think it's susceptible to our hard water; I used it on holiday in West Sussex where the water is hard but less so than here and it performed quite well - not as well as Palmolive does here, but still reasonably well. Having said that, I didn't like the aroma; I find Proraso pre/post nicer, so presume that their shaving cream is more pleasantly-scented than the Erasmic.

I found it disappointing too and the water in Torquay is extremely soft.

Admittedly it's cheap, but I think there are far better budget buys and I wouldn't buy it again.

Awesome stuff.

Used it this morning.

On a par with Aqua Di Parma Colonia and even has a hint of the scent in there somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom