Erasmic Supreme Soap Stick

Ingredients: Aqua, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Laureth Sulphate, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Xylene Sulphonate, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Parfum, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Citral, Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate.

INDULGE in a luxurious shave with ERASMIC SUPREME and break away from daily chore.

Erasmic's supreme enriched lather shave stick contains moisturising and conditioning Glycerin. The rich creamy lather provides superior razor glide for ultimate shaving comfort and a unique twist gives real convenience of use.

The result?

A close, comfortable Erasmic Supreme shave will leave you with a smooth, conditioned skin and confidence to indulge in life.

Still smells of old socks, still lathers like Edam cheese.

On the plus side the 'twist up" container has delabelled very nicely and it's a perfect candidate for a travel stick of something useful.

Strangely there was a part label applied over the main panel, I carefully peeled it off and it revealed the exact same design, typeface, information - no typos... wonder what that's about?

Is it the same stuff as the soap in the black bowl?

When this came out a couple of years ago the tallow sticks had just started to be replaced with the non-tallow ones and then this big deodorant-looking thing landed on the same shelves calling itself a shave stick.

Not many fans by the looks of things here,I never got to use their stick but been told since they reformulated,it's gone rubbish,with regards to the black bowl of soap I used it in the early DE days any overall no complaint but nothing to write home about either

The stick n soap are exact and differ in size..it's the CREAM that is completely different..thought you peeps might wanna know..I just ordered a 75g soap bowl..less than 11usd with ship..some ppl love this stuff as I am extremely limited in what I can use

B

Is this the same thing ? <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.traditionalshaving.co.uk/mall/productpage.cfm/traditionalshaving/_ERA-SOA-STI/297691/Shaving-Soap" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.traditionalshaving.co.uk/mal ... aving-Soap</a><!-- m -->

I picked up three of these today for £2.10 YES 70p EACH !!!! Where I hear you ask ? The local Co-Operative Pharmacy.

Label reads Tallow.

Well, well. I picked up an Eramic Supreme from Savers for £1 today and I was looking forward to using it so I thought I'd have a quick look on here to see what other people thought of it and I'm surprised to find that it receives almost universal condemnation.
In fact not just the new Supreme, but Erasmic shaving soap in general.
My first ever shave ever must have been with an Erasmic stick(or Palmolive because that was all you could get where I grew up) and I still use it without any problems and I live in a very hard water area.
I'll let you know how the Supreme goes.

UPDATE:
I tried the stick and I thought the scent was quite pleasant - mild citrus.
I used it the old way by rubbing the soap onto my wet face and found no problem getting it to lather up with the brush. The soap itself seems to be a little softer than the original sticks.
Now the minus. I found it to be severely lacking in glide or whatever the proper term is.
However, for £1 it was acceptable and I will probably still use it.

Sodium Xylene Sulphonate....o.k. I could Google it, but really I just want to say - WTF. There, I've said it. (Meaning of course What The Fiddlesticks :lol: ).
Henk will no doubt enlighten me very soon...... :lol:

You don't have to wait for Henk - a Fiddlestick is an old English word for a violin bow.
Earliest reference in Henry IV part 1 - "Heigh, heigh - the Devil rides on a fiddlestick - what's the matter?" - Hal to Mistress Quickly.

Back
Top Bottom