Erasmic stick

I know there was speculation that the reports on another forum about Erasmic switching back to tallow was an April Fool but I just popped into an independent chemist in Wiltshire and their new stock from April is is indeed the Sodium Tallowate formulation.

So I Bought one :D

Well I debated clearing them out but the fact is if its the new one then there's no mileage in selling on and I've never used it before so I might not want 2 dozen :lol:

The last person who we advised to "buy 'em all!" ended up with 67 sticks of Tabac that he's now using as furniture.

Nic, if they are easy to come by for you, i would be interested in buying one, as i have not tried Erasmic and have read good things about the Tallow one.

Up to you mate.

Cheers,

Jeltz said:
I know there was speculation that the reports on another forum about Erasmic switching back to tallow was an April Fool but I just popped into an independent chemist in Wiltshire and their new stock from April is is indeed the Sodium Tallowate formulation.

I was sceptical about the Erasmic reverting back to tallow, but I had a look in my local Savers and they have the tallow Erasmic sticks back in stock. It has slightly different packaging so it looks like they are making it again.

Not that it bothers me because I don't like the stuff, tallow or not. :lol:

Pete said:
Jeltz said:

I was sceptical about the Erasmic reverting back to tallow, but I had a look in my local Savers and they have the tallow Erasmic sticks back in stock. It has slightly different packaging so it looks like they are making it again.

Not that it bothers me because I don't like the stuff, tallow or not. :lol:
Hey Pete!Thanks to you mate I discovered the tallow version which I like it more than the Palmolive sticks..THANKS MATE!and In glad to know that theyre making them with the right formulation again.

IS it really that different? I didn't notice any difference.

Will have to get another to try as I chucked the first one

I picked up a stick a while back, it's been sitting in my man drawer in the kitchen for months.

I couldn't get a decent lather from it in the way I use my palmolive stick, smeared all over my face then face lathered. Loading the brush from the stick, then building lather in a bowl was a revelation. This stuff is good.

This week I have mostly learned that loading a brush with a shave stick makes for a happy shave and that L'Occitaine Cade aftershave is very good.

I picked up a pasta sauce in a nice plastic container in the week and thought to myself that I would keep it and mill the Erasmic stick into it on Sunday as I wasn't having any luck lathering with it in stick form. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

I am not liking this stick at all, apart from the scent. I found the lather to be airy & pishy. I grated one into a bowl, its still pish. It looks like I will have to stick with Palmolive, Wilko's, Tabac, Arko, Speick & La Toja :lol:

the original tallow formula was below average i didn't like the scent

the glycerin formula that followed was hoss-plop

the new one, well, i won't be bothering to try

the shaving cream gave me a rash as well

menolikey

Morning chaps,

I bought one of these in the weekend and decided to test it out last night. I first face lathered to no great lather. Secondly I milled into a pot and it lathered to a little more but not still not a great lather and decided I will give it a go a bit later in the week again - Note, I did not apply this lather to my face, only the lather from the first method touched my chops.
Since this I have had a bit of an allergic reaction and it hasn't stopped burning since about 8pm last night - it is only just retreating now. I have delimited the irritation to a few possible causes:
1) I did have a shave yesterday morning and so it could be because I am applying soap to freshly shaven skin - I feel this isn't too likely as we reapply lather after every pass.
2) It was my first attempt at face lathering a hard soap, albeit in stick form, and this caused the irritation.
3) I am just allergic to it - most probable I think.

I will test whether I am allergic to it, or whether it was just the face lathering with a stick too early after a shave that did it, by lathering in a bowl and applying to face when ready for my next shave.

I'm just wondering whether anybody else has had any adverse experiences using this? Note, this is the new formula (I think), with Sodium Tallowate as the first ingredient.

Best,

Trueman

Back
Top Bottom