Erasmic Shave Sticks

Quick question.

I know that these sticks used to have tallow in them. Then they were reformulated with palmate instead of tallowate Is this still the case or are they being produced with tallow again ?

Steve

As far as I know they are back to tallow again Steve.

I got one from Badger & Hone just before they stopped trading and it's tallow.

My understanding is that the new ones are without tallow.

Edit: I am talking about the 'supreme' ones, the new stick style.
The other stick style, yes, it's tallow, they had brought it back some time ago.

Cheers chaps

Just saw some today in a chemist near me

He stocks pashana bay rum and cologne. A range of yardley for men products brut musk. Old spice and some really nice yardley for men talc which I got. Very nice it is too

Has lots of good stuff. I found gillette platinum swedes in there last year

What are the ingredients of the Erasmic Supreme one?The same than the old Erasmic veggie formula?If that's the case,what a terrible stick is....

I had the displeasure of using the 50g Erasmic shaving stick a few days ago (the one that uses vegetable oil) and it is horrid, wretched stuff. Despite several attempts I was unable to generate a lather which wouldn't reduce to suds after 1 minute on the face. Have to say that it is the single worst shaving my product I have used (as it isn't possible to shave with it), although the scent / smell isn't bad.
Following an emailed complaint I received the following reply:

Re: Erasmic Shave Stick

Thank you for contacting us regarding the above product. We were sorry to read of your complaint in that the shave stick was not to satisfactory standard. We do apologise for any inconvenience or disappointment caused.

In fact, Erasmic had recently changed it's formulation from a tallow base in favour of a vegetable base. This could be the change that you have noticed. Keyline Brands Ltd takes every complaint on Erasmic very seriously indeed and we are particularly proud of our quality products. Nevertheless, we do acknowledge your dissatisfaction with the changes made. We have reverted back to the original formulation but you may have purchased some of the older stock.

The service we offer our customers is of the utmost importance to us, therefore we would like to send you a replacement Erasmic Shave Stick as a gesture of good will, which I trust you will find satisfactory.

Please confirm a full postal address.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience or disappointment caused and thank you for contacting us.

Yours Sincerely

I now await the arrival of said replacement. Am I correct in thinking that 50g size sticks are all veg oil versions and 75g size sticks are tallow?

GOLDCREST said:
Is it as good as Palmolive stick..... anybody?

Palmolive is one of the best performing soaps on the planet, so Erasmic has some very tough competition.

Erasmic isn't quite in the same league as Palmolive but it smells a lot better.

Back
Top Bottom