Erasmic Shave Cream

WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO?
Erasmic Shave Cream (75ml tube)

It's a glycerine based, latherable shave cream, pure and simple.

AdobePhotoshopExpress_e2f777c22e0e494bbb1684b16b064e19.jpg

APPLICATION METHOD AND DESCRIPTION:
Well, it's the first time I've used a tube based cream, so I squeezed out about an inch of the cream into my bowl, and whipped with my Body Shop synthetic brush. I had to add a reasonable amount of water to get the lather just how I like it.

SCENT:
This was the first point where I noted a massive difference between the stick and cream. The stick was old school soap, this cream however has that slightly generic (but not in any way unpleasant) scent that would be described as 'Sport' if it were in a deodorant or other shop bought product. A very acceptable scent.

LATHERABILITY:
This lathers in much the same way as any other cream. A few drops of water to start the building process, adding more to get the lather 'just so'. The inch of raw product produced enough lather easily for four passes.

AdobePhotoshopExpress_0f4e93923f6649549c93e87ac98b4818.jpg

PERFORMANCE:
The big one. For a piece of software to be considered good for me, it has to perform. The lather was slick, protective and provided plenty of glide for the razor for the first two passes, but started flagging a little toward the very end of the third pass, perhaps drying out a little, despite being spot on at the beginning. I experimented the next few days with adding just a bit more water to the lather and that stopped the drying out I saw.

POST SHAVE:
No complaints here, there is no dryness or taught skin feeling left after using this cream. The glycerine I dare say is a huge factor in the great post shave finish.

CONCLUSIVE COMMENTS:
In short, it is very much a good value for money cream. The scent and performance is really good for the money, and the post shave finish punches well above it's weight.

I have been using it lately and I quite like it but I add Moroccan Argan Oil ...I did not find it to be that slick from the tube and next to no cushion...The added Argan Oil bumps it up a Notch...I also got a Puck of Erasmic Soap to try ...Well..I am not overly impressed with it to be honest...Its a bugger to load the brush with it as it just doesn't pick it up...I ended up scraping a thin layer into my bowl and that's fine..o_O

The end product is much like the shaving cream but perhaps a bit poorer...The Soap is a Bit like a Poor Mans Shaving cream to be honest...Would I buy the soap again...An absolute N0....I can buy Porarso soap for not much more per weight and its great stuff & I reckon it will last a lot longer...Its so easy to buy something cheap at hand in the local shops & I reckon that's where companies like Erasmic get there sales...:D

Billy

I have been using it lately and I quite like it but I add Moroccan Argan Oil ...I did not find it to be that slick from the tube and next to no cushion...The added Argan Oil bumps it up a Notch...I also got a Puck of Erasmic Soap to try ...Well..I am not overly impressed with it to be honest...Its a bugger to load the brush with it as it just doesn't pick it up...I ended up scraping a thin layer into my bowl and that's fine..o_O

The end product is much like the shaving cream but perhaps a bit poorer...The Soap is a Bit like a Poor Mans Shaving cream to be honest...Would I buy the soap again...An absolute N0....I can buy Porarso soap for not much more per weight and its great stuff & I reckon it will last a lot longer...Its so easy to buy something cheap at hand in the local shops & I reckon that's where companies like Erasmic get there sales...:D

Billy

I think that sums it up, it' does the job but there are much better products out there for similar prices. Not used this tube but used the one in the silver / red tube.

Back
Top Bottom