Enemy identified: infidel Turkish Derbys gadzooks!

So I set to pondering the possible genesis of my - of late - under-par shaves (niks, irritation and wotnot) and, in a moment of unguarded zeal, decided to ditch the Derby for a pristine Gillette Blue (the only other blade in my bag of tricks). To my addled delight (I had to immediately go to sluicing my colostomy bags such was the immediacy of effect) I got a shave of exquisite precision, much redolent of the time I depilated Miss. Crowther on the heath at Bogden with my Khukuri and, to the satisfaction of my long-suffering wife who had resigned herself to my perennial droop, I am humbled to report that 'twas accompanied with almost the same degree of tumescence. And so gentlemen, I must express my gratitude to you for your most perspicacious intervention, for indeed it is due to the barbed criticism levelled at my infidel Turks that I fortuitously arrived at this happy turnabout of affairs, in both my genital and facial toilet health. WTF am I smoking? I don't know but it was a cracking shave!! :D Tally ho!

:lol:

I had to google some of the words, but that was as funny as f**k!!!

Nice to see the usual progress of "Umm, these Derbys seem to work, but I think I'll try one of these...."

Ian

Not knowing any better I bought 200 when I first got started in DE. Just swapped 100 of 'em for a tube of Proraso. Is there any consensus on which are the better blades: Sharks, Super Iridiums seem to feature strongly. Any others?

It's quite face-specific really Captain, so there's less of a consensus about the good ones than you might expect. 7 o'clock yellows tend to get a good press, and we all seem to agree about the basic characteristics of the Feather blade ... but not everyone likes them. Think of it as a quest.

See it like blade Pokemon. Gotta try 'em all!

I like 7 o'clock yellow and green (the super stainless, not the permasharp), Gillette Superthins and bleues, ASCO, Shark, but there's so many variables.

IanM said:
Of the currently available blades, for me, the Shark Super Chromes are the best I have tried.

Ian

+1 on this - the other shark SS are also good, but these chromes are a touch sharper and smoother IMO.

The red IP blades seem to work well for most, and are good value.

Superthins receive a good press also.

I think that you will fit in here rather well, Captain - we rather like a bit of "rugged individuality".
One is intrigued to hear about the effect of switching certain blades - never would I have thought that this could have such a priapic effect, sink me if I don't!
And WTF are you smoking? - Well, Cavendish presumably!

Back
Top Bottom