Empty Creed Bottles & Boxes - Don't thrown them away!

I am all for reusing and recycling containers but I am concerned that this will just lead to fraud, I have known it with empty Montblanc ink bottles, fake jewellery being fitted in expensive jewellery boxes and just yesterday I saw empty TOBS containers for sale on eBay at £3 each.

Slightly related subject, on another forum someone was bragging that they never paid full price for perfume but bought unboxed perfume from eBay, the only difference was that it had the word Tester on the bottle. Someone pointed out that it must have been shoplifted and that she was buying stolen goods.

I know some people buy bottles to put their decants into them, or when they go for e.g. flacon split, so they can sell part on and keep some for themselves... but I bet this alongside bottle collectors will be minority... majority will be people who want to refill with clones and sell on... like there isn't lack of such on e.g. facebook marketplace

Tom Ford? Creed? The only way that I could ever hope to afford either of them would either be if I won the Lottery or had a dream about owning them. They are both eye-wateringly expensive. I have never owned either of them, and I don't know anyone who has. I don't know any rich people, sorry to admit...

Tom Ford? Creed? The only way that I could ever hope to afford either of them would either be if I won the Lottery or had a dream about owning them. They are both eye-wateringly expensive. I have never owned either of them, and I don't know anyone who has. I don't know any rich people, sorry to admit...
£190 for a 50ml Creed Aventus Cologne. Not really uncommon here to spend much more on brushes, razors etc.

If I liked the scent I would have no problem indulging and I am hardly amongst the "rich" people you mention, just careful with my money. Some spend on cigarettes, alcohol, I would prefer to smell great! :)

Well, you'd obviously want to have a 'test' at the store before you bought, wouldn't you? Then perhaps another test, just to be sure......

£190 for a 50ml Creed Aventus Cologne. Not really uncommon here to spend much more on brushes, razors etc.

If I liked the scent I would have no problem indulging and I am hardly amongst the "rich" people you mention, just careful with my money. Some spend on cigarettes, alcohol, I would prefer to smell great! :)
That may or may not be true. However, it all comes down to how much disposable income you have and are willing to spend. £190 for a tiny 50 ml bottle? That does sound rather exhorbitant. I don't exactly bathe in the EDTs that I buy, and I am not liberal with them when I spray, but a bottle that size wouldn't last me very long at all. Now, assuming that I REALLY liked the fragrance, I would consider buying another bottle when I ran out, so it would be another £190, and then maybe another not too long after that. So, the cost would soon mount up.

I also LOVE decent aftershaves and EDTs, but I have limits. I certainly don't like a load of cheap rubbish. I also have no problem "indulging myself", as I am also careful with my money, but I am not exactly Rockerfeller in terms of my bank balance. As I said, I do have limits in how much I am able to (and prepared) to spend. Fortunately, I have never smoked and I haven't touched alcohol since I was a teenager, so I do have some money at my disposal. Smelling good is as important to me as it is to you. But, I don't exactly have a money tree growing in my back garden, so I can't get too "silly" with my money.

That may or may not be true. However, it all comes down to how much disposable income you have and are willing to spend. £190 for a tiny 50 ml bottle? That does sound rather exhorbitant. I don't exactly bathe in the EDTs that I buy, and I am not liberal with them when I spray, but a bottle that size wouldn't last me very long at all. Now, assuming that I REALLY liked the fragrance, I would consider buying another bottle when I ran out, so it would be another £190, and then maybe another not too long after that. So, the cost would soon mount up.

I also LOVE decent aftershaves and EDTs, but I have limits. I certainly don't like a load of cheap rubbish. I also have no problem "indulging myself", as I am also careful with my money, but I am not exactly Rockerfeller in terms of my bank balance. As I said, I do have limits in how much I am able to (and prepared) to spend. Fortunately, I have never smoked and I haven't touched alcohol since I was a teenager, so I do have some money at my disposal. Smelling good is as important to me as it is to you. But, I don't exactly have a money tree growing in my back garden, so I can't get too "silly" with my money.
I've come into a bit of money this year so have been splashing the cash but I lived frugally for years... A bottle of Creed would have been excessive decadence for me, even for a birthday gift for myself... Just wouldn't have been able to justify it.

Any fool with money can buy whatever they feel like but when disposable income is tight, only a muppet would waste it on frivolities. Yes... There's a few on here, myself included :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom