Empire Set - original blades and strop?

Just picked up a Wilkinson Empire set for a few quid at a local antique store. I would really like to try shaving with this and I know I can adapt a modern SE blade, but would like to try it with the original set up. Are there any SE members with original Wilkie SE blades and/ or the pigskin strop to go with it that they would be willing to sell or trade?

I have the same set, also without strop, so wondering what to do as well. I would imagine that Neil Miller would be able to make a strop that to replace the missing one. Do you have the blade?

Jon

Hi Jon, no haven't got the blade either. Have got an old Valet blade which might fit. Just had a look at an old thread dated 4.11.2011 on TSR from Jamies and Norfolk Dick about modding the Gem or Feather SE blade. So if I can't get an original blade and strop I'll have a go with a modded modern SE.

jds advice may be best. I bought an old strop off of eBay. While it may have never been used, they(or a least mine) are stored folded in a small container like contraption that with age seems to forever bend them.

Back
Top Bottom