EJ DE89 faulty - is this a first?

Arrived from Amazon in the post this morning. I noticed a couple of small bubbles on the top plate. I was able to move these with my finger nail into a line. Maybe the chrome hadn't bonded properly?

Another one is being sent.

BTW, the EJ89bl is the smooth chrome handle version with 5 blades. the EJ89lbl is the lined version with blades.

Attachments

• razorfault.jpg
    361 bytes · Views: 149
Hmm, I'm surprised. The DE87 that I have is the best finished razor I've seen, if anything it's better than a Merkur.

Do Muhle make the top plates on the Jaggers? Jagger claim to make their own razors but the business end seems identical to the equivalent Muhle.

CanucksTraveller said:
Hmm, I'm surprised. The DE87 that I have is the best finished razor I've seen
Yes, I was expecting perfect chrome from the reviews I've been looking at here and elsewhere.

Amazon email stated they'd upgrade delivery of the next (free) one to first class post even though I'd ordered the orginal on free super-saver (tight wad). I get to keep the faulty one as apparently it is a "personal hygene" item so can't be returned. I'm not complaining, great shave and I'll use it for backup/travel unless my son takes a fancy to it.

Now what you do is email jagger direct saying you dropped your best razor with sentimental value onto the floor and damaged the head, and are replacement heads available :twisted:

At worse it'll cost you a couple quid, at best free.

Ids said:
Now what you do is email jagger direct saying you dropped your Grandfather's best razor with sentimental value onto the floor and damaged the head, and are replacement heads available :twisted:

Pig Cat said:
Ids said:
Now what you do is email jagger direct saying you dropped your Grandfather's best razor with sentimental value onto the floor and damaged the head, and are replacement heads available :twisted:

Like it! Of course your going on holiday soon so they'll have to be snappy about it!

Ids said:
Pig Cat said:
Ids said:

Like it! Of course your going on holiday soon so they'll have to be snappy about it!

You've got the idea! ;)

If I end up with one decent DE89 plus one slightly blemished DE89 plus ten derby blades for £15.14 delivered, then I think I'll leave it there :D

As far as I can see, the chrome is intact so if the poor bonding is limited to a small area, it'll probably hold up just fine for years.

I emailed Edwin Jagger with a photo, just to inform them of possible quality issues.

The good: Amazon got a perfect DE89bl replacement to me on Saturday

The bad: Not even an acknowledgement for the email I sent to EJ.

Back
Top Bottom