Edwin Jagger DELLI14bl Lilac Double Edge Razor

WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO?
Edwin Jagger DELLI14bl Lilac Double Edge Razor - Purchased for the wife as a gift after she expressed an interest in DE shaving. I will admit I've used it a few times myself, after all, when in Rome!

DESCRIPTION:
Blurb below direct from Edwin Jagger:

"The all new Edwin Jagger Lady's Pearl-Effect DE Razor is the only wet-shaving product designed specifically for women who are looking for a clean and effective shave, with a razor that reflects personality. A longer handle provides enhanced reach, for those trickier areas and a choice of four beautiful new pearl-effect colours means you can have a smooth shave without compromising on style. This razor will give you a soft and close shave when used with our Edwin Jagger shaving creams and lotions and we advise that you swap your blades regularly for optimal use. These fabulous, much talked about, DE razors are fitted with a precision Edwin Jagger DE blade head, a favourite amongst experienced wet shavers. The closed comb head is expertly engineered and is finished with high quality chrome plate. Dimensions:Handle Length 93mm(3.7in) Total Length 101mm(4in)"

I've taken some photos showing the individual parts of the razor and how they fit together. Notice the quality of the plating, the finish overall and the fit. It's a quality item make no mistake.

IMG_9962.jpg

IMG_9961.jpg

IMG_9959.jpg

IMG_9950.jpg

IMG_9947.jpg

CONCLUSIVE COMMENTS:
This is a well built razor, mild in use and quite forgiving. For those starting out in traditional wet shaving, or those looking for a mild razor, you'd be hard pressed to beat the DE89 head from Edwin Jagger. The handle personally for me is a little on the slippery side, but not to the point it is rendered unusable. The colour too, as per the description from EJ, is really aimed at women or those who really like lilac! Not my personal taste, but my wife loves it. She is able to use it with comfort (as indeed can I), without feeling too much of the blade.

Back
Top Bottom