Eclipse Red Ring goes for £198

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150498478039&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT</a><!-- m -->

Bit of a last minute brawl with these two bidders (£60-£198) in the last three minutes, anyone here? I doubt it but I had never seen one with a leather case before (is that original??) and it is in very good condition. I think these are just silly prices but if I was the seller I would clearly disagree.

I had one in kind of mediocre condition and just swapped with Tony for a nice brush, I still think I got the better deal :lol: they are nice but not that nice.

The case is original to the razor. It's difficult to make out in the picture, but it says Eclipse and has the art-deco sun design on the leather. Like in this thread over on B&B.

The prices for these razors are getting a bit silly I think. I spotted one on ebay about six months ago for sale with a Gillette Tech and asked the seller if they had a Buy It Now price, they did for £12 but unfortunately for me I got called away for a meeting and some lucky person picked up a bargain whilst I was otherwise engaged.

I'd like to try one, but I'm not prepared to pay the kind of prices that they are currently fetching.

They are really different Jim, it produces an odd sound (odd like the Merkur Futur but not the same sound). It is quite distinctive with the extended comb that runs right up the top cap and the pins are on the handle rather than the head. I find I like a heavier razor and that was the reason I let mine go, it was just user grade, however in good NOS condition it is a piece of art deco craftmanship made in the UK and worth having one for that reason alone (if you are a collector), if mine was one of them I would have probably kept it.

Antdad it is impossible for a butterscotch brush to be shite, I read that they are all good on another site. If I hate it I will sell it there for £150.

I have fancied one of these for ages - it seems that with the O/C design finished off with an underslung safety bar one gets the best of both worlds! :geek:

Actually that under slung safety bar doesn't really serve as one at all. It's really there to hold all the very fine teeth in place and because they are so fine that makes it a very efficient razor indeed.

I'd read a description elsewhere that they shave like Techs, they definitely do not shave like Techs. You can have a crack after I've fully got to grips with it SP.

I'd really love to have one of these ... but not at silly money like that. I had my eye set for about the 30 - 35 quid zone.

I blame twats like a certain banned bozo, who shall remaain nameless, and others of such ilk, for constantly equating everything with money, status and other of the grubbier human qualities. People who know the "price" of everything, and the "value" of nowt!

Back
Top Bottom