Ebay question

OK I've not used Ebay for years, until Wednesday when I won an auction.

The seller is a business seller loads of sales, high feedback etc. Should I have had contact from them or is it normal from sellers to just send stuff out with not contact?

In my experience, most of the time there will be contact only after i have 1st contacted them. Some are really good, thanking fopr payment and letting you know it's in the post etc.

You will have received notification of having won your auction. Most business sellers have automated responses. If your seller has very high positive feedback you should expect fairly prompt delivery.

Thanks, I've had the Ebay email confirmation of winning and paypal receipt, it just seemed a bit odd to have no acknowledgement from the seller 48.

Besides the usual automated confirmations all I reasonably expect from a vendor is to get the item to me within the first 7 - 10 days. If delivery has exceeded 14 days then I fire off an email, I'm not expecting or paying for great customer service.

I usaully reply to a sale within hours to thank the seller for their purchase and confirm when the item will be posted, which if they're lucky will be the same day, but usually will be the next day. In 95% of cases, I also folow up with confirmation that the item has actually been posted. It has never yet been more than the next working day, and I will often post on Saturday morning even tho' my conditions say next business day. Notwithstanding this, people still leave less than perfect 'star ratings' for dispatch time. I think some people, despite selecting second class postage can't understand why it isn't with them the day after they paid at midnight...........sorry, feeling a bit jaded at the moment.

Well it arrived today so all in all a swift transaction even if a little light on comms.
The strop is in pretty poor condition, which I expected and was reflected by the amount I paid, but will serve the purpose well enough, i.e. I can practice my stropping and knick it to bits without losing any sleep over it. When I have, the hardware and handle will allow me to make a new one as well.

Sharon, you need to find a way of emailing the soap to them impatient buyers! :lol: :lol:

I always reply directly to the email linked with the PayPal payment, just let the buyer know the item will be shipping ASAP.

Strangely enough some people miss that quick note.

I do the same, but I try to remember to change the subject line og the PP notification, as otherwise the buyer is likely to think it's some standard email from PP, so don't bother opening it.

Back
Top Bottom