Ebay purchase

Um, another one of those "What have I just bought?" threads...........

!BulNMvQB2k~$(KGrHqYOKiIEvP!U!IcrBM!9N7,W9!~~_35.JPG

Still at £3.99 it won't hurt too much if it's a squib!

Come on then all have a laugh!!!!

They are OK razors, quite mild in terms of aggressiveness but good all the same. They are very popular for travel as you won't cry buckets if it gets lost / damaged etc and who want's a shaving rash over eager shaving on holiday anyway?

With what you paid you can't go wrong.

Hi Simmo,

At that price you couldn't really go wrong m8. And no, although since coming to TSR I've often laughed with the guys, I'm not likely to laugh @ anyone. Enjoy finding out just what a bargain you've managed to scoop.

JohnnyO.

Blimey got off lightly there!

Thanks for the info, I feel a bit better about buying it now. I wondered why people had lots of different razors when I joined this forum, after all you can only use 1 at a time. I now have a EJ DE89, this Gillette from Ebay and a Feather Portable on its way!

top little travel razor, comes apart in three pieces.

probably came out of an old leather "grooming" kit (when grooming was an innocent word)

Hi Simmo,

This is my first post but one I just had to make! You see, that razor has a very special meaning to me. As someone has already suggested, it came (at least to me) in a leather case, along with nail clippers, nail file and a bottle opener. Why is it special to me? It was given to me on my 21st birthday by a lovely young lady. At the time we were just good friends. However, 2 years later we were married, and we remain very happily married to this day. That all happened 43 years ago! I still have the complete leather gift and it looks as good as new.

Although I've been a wet shaver all my life, it's only recently that I've discovered the delights of using a badger brush and shaving soap. A few weeks ago I started using that old gift set razor instead of my Gillette Fusion. I then discovered The Shaving Room and picked up loads of advice from people like yourself. As a result I've now bought an EJ87 razor and I'm really enjoying the whole shaving experience. That old razor is back in its leather case again but it will be used as my travel razor. It's a good little razor.

I don't think there's any other gift that I've kept for so long. It should serve you well!

Pepperpod

Thank you Pepperpod!

I can honestly say that is one of the nicest posts I've read on a forum.

Anyone else that's interested the ebay seller is "grandpas-closet" and hey have a few more for sale at cheap prices.

It's being posted tomorrow so I'll give a review when it arrives.

A client of mine was clearing out their late fathers house and saying how much stuff they were throwing out, I mentioned that if they come across any old razors that take DE blades not to chuck them. As such I received a Gillette slim twist, I cleaned it up and its part of my rotation, I saw her last week and told her that I use it often and that its a one off as her dad had repaired a cracked handle. She laughed and said that was just like her dad, and I think its fantastic as its a tangible example of make do and mend, from a generation when that was how it had to be.

Back
Top Bottom