E-Bay Rip Off?

I know companies have to make a profit but .............

Spotted a plastic Wilkinsons Sword on E-Bay for £19.95 plus postage. I bought one from Boots for £4.25.

Beware of 'Dear-Bay'.

Kevin

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WILKINSON-SWORD-CLASSIC-RAZOR-DOUBLE-EDGE-SAFETY-BLADES-/370451251220?pt=UK_Health_HairRemoval_RL&hash=item56409d8014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WILKINSON-SWORD-C ... 56409d8014</a><!-- m -->

Unbelievable! Somebody has actually bought one!!

It is a rip-off, but on the other hand, if somebody is daft enough to buy it without checking.....

Ian

The value of anything is only what someone is prepared to pay for it. This seller had ten items, of which one was sold for that price. The seller will sell for whatever he can get, it's the buyer who obviously didn't know the true value of the item they bought....Caveat Emptor

Hmmm... think I may have solved my financial worries!

I could start selling 'rare' Iridium Supers... just £10 per 5-pack.

Joking aside, there probably are people doing this right now!

The big rip off is in the marketplace on Amazon, Play.com and the like...

Today I was looking at a used book on Amazon (price £0.01 + £2.75 shipping since you ask). Along with the £0.01 copies, there were obviously others up to about it's true value of £3-4 + shipping. Then on the end one for £1000.00 (plus £2.75 shipping). I had a think about this and then tried a few random "add to baskets" and eventually I think I've revealed the truth... people are adding these stupidly overpriced things in the hope that someone does the "add to basket" and checks out before they spot the massive price tag...

That's pretty outrageous really! Iunderstand market forces and caveat emptor etc. but if it's happening under a big brand name (like those you mentioned) you'd hope a lot was being done by them to cut down on it.

Back
Top Bottom