E-bay purchase; Advice

Brethern
I purchased 200 Astra Plat. Superior blades from a very well regarded E-bay seller. I posted previously stating I was getting 'antsy' as my blades hadn't arrived. I was advised to hang fire due to the Postal strikes. I took the advice. Eventually I contacted the seller who informed me the delivery time would be 10 - 15 days from date of postage (20/10/09) I still have not received the items. I think the seller is completely kosher and has a 100% rating. Do you think I should give it a bit more time, or is it time to re-contact him. What do you think?

Vendors!!!! :twisted: Peter come back all is forgiven.

Regards

If these are coming from overseas then I would give it at least 25 days, maybe 30. Would these be over £18 in value, customs can hold things up for a few extra days.

Leave it till the end of the week and then make another polite enquiry.

Check Ebay for rules and deadlines concerning complaint procedures just in case but keep dialoque open its probably been held up somewhere.

As an ebay seller. And in all honesty ive made some postage cock ups in the last seven days.

I dont mind how often someone contacts me, I understand how horrible it is for waiting.

If you want to contact them do so, it might be a nice heads up for them if there is something going wrong.

Cheers chaps
The seller is a Turkish gent who's E-bay ID is Mymikado, he responded right away to my initial concern. I payed via Paypal, this would appear to be the only way to ensure you are fully covered (postage etc) I have 45 days to instigate a grievance, 'tho I'm sure it won't come to that. I really don't wish to cause the guy ant undue hassle when a British industrial dispute may be the real culprit. Taking Tony's advice, I'll give it 'till the end of the week, then contact him.

Regards

hunnymonster said:
I can see the "attraction" of mymikado compared to Ercan (melyus)... Schottenpreis :D (I love that term - especially as it aggrieves the smarmy resident of Bute House)

HM
Eck and his minions really have taken the cream puff at the term. I take umbridge that they really believe that the majority of Scots wish independence. Recent polls and history shows what most of us up here have long suspected. If you shout loudly, for long enough, somebody listens.
If I was English, I'd be seeking independence from whining Scots, Welsh, some Irish ( have to be careful or I might get that lot that disrespected the minutes silence at the Falkirk - Celtic match at the door! Another topic :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: ) and that lot from Cornwall.

Cheers

A very humble poppy wearer

rangers62 said:
Cheers chaps
The seller is a Turkish gent who's E-bay ID is Mymikado, he responded right away to my initial concern. I payed via Paypal, this would appear to be the only way to ensure you are fully covered (postage etc) I have 45 days to instigate a grievance, 'tho I'm sure it won't come to that. I really don't wish to cause the guy ant undue hassle when a British industrial dispute may be the real culprit. Taking Tony's advice, I'll give it 'till the end of the week, then contact him.

Regards

I have to say Rangers that the Mymikado site delivered me a batch of Astras in about 10 days and included a free Arko stick and some styptic thingies.

Comms were very good and I fully intend to use them again...I think / hope that your parcel will have been delayed purely by the industrial disruption of the GPO.

Sadly!

:(

Still no blades. Contacted the seller who sent me address and tracking code of the Turkish postal service whom he used. It is a bit sparse and I think info. is somewhat lost in translation! He has asked me, I think, to check with the Royal Mail, unfortunately, the Royal Mail cannot utilise a tracking code from another country. I will contact the Royal Mail tomorrow as per his request. I firmly believe the seller is on the level and has posted the blades. It has been 26 days since postage. I have 45 days to open a grievance with Paypal, I wish to give the seller every chance before this option. His English is a bit dodgy and this is not helping matters.
Regards

Hi I have no dealing with the Turkish Postal systems, but tracking normally ends in the originatiing country. I imagine turkish post is the best.

Keep in communication with the seller, he may well refund before you have to open a dispute. Most cosher sales people do when its small value items.

Cheers M
I've never had any problems before from E-bay, with the result I am not terribly conversant with 'Dispute procedures' . I intend to give the seller every opportunity, I wouldn't wish to damage his seller rating. Hope it will be resolved this week, maybe they will arrive. I believe the problem will be 'this end' Says it all really :(

Regards

Most postal tracking codes are the same across the world. If your code has two letters, 9 numbers & then two more letters i.e. DV338054214TK you should be able to track this online.

pdmayhew said:
Most postal tracking codes are the same across the world. If your code has two letters, 9 numbers & then two more letters i.e. DV338054214TK you should be able to track this online.

Hi, yes the code format is exactly the same. It has been generated in Turkey and does not correspond to The RM tracking system. The only info I can find on the Turkish system tells me it was registered and put in a parcel :? The seller has asked me to contact the RM, I don't think I will have much joy there, especially as I am not the sender! Will do my best though.

Here is the result of the tracking code entered into the Turkish system and the resultant translation;-

vBarcode No: RR124471452TR Details:
Kabul Location: BURSA / REPUBLIC Price: £ 8.75.
Arrival Location: UNITED STATES / Value Fee: 0.00 TL.
Admission Date: 20/10/2009 12:28:48 Payment Terms: 0.00 TL.
Weight: 252 Gr. Payment Type: N
Additional Services:
SN OPERATIONS / LOCATIONS
DATE
Referral was BURSA / 100.YIL BURSA / PIN, 00,004 to 16,150
20/10/2009 16:41:43

WARNING!
This page is for information displayed in search results. Controversial cases will be based on PTT recordings.

Look at arrival destination. Have I wrongly dissed Her Majesty's Postal Service?

Blades here. 30 + days since payment. Someone's been into the package though. Its been slit open and resealed using cellotape. Maybe customs, who knows? I'm a bit suspicious as the seller has been putting in an Arko shavestick as a freebie. Anyhow! they're here. Mymikado still got a good review, though he hasn't responded for a few days. Thanks to all with their assistance.

Russell

Back
Top Bottom