Drying soap??

I read everywhere that people dry their soap after use, and was wondering why?

personally i never do this, just close the lid rinse the outside, store it for another day, never had any issue. I read that poeple dry their soap to prevent growth of bacteria and mold but dont really understand this? we wash our hands with soap to disinfect and this works fine given the properties of soap so whats the point in protecting something which is naturally antimicrobial from growth, or am i missing a blind spot in my routine?

anyone have any insights on this, or has ever seen growth on their soaps rather then on their face?

I’ll be honest and say i wash & dry mine.
When i say wash i mean run under the hot tap to remove the residue & i air it at the window to dry.
iv always done it and can’t remember why :ROFLMAO:
I’m pretty sure i did read something a while back about bacteria.
Bare in mind if you have a lot of soaps it can be over a year before you use it again.
Probably an old fish wife’s tale but i’ll continue to do it

When i say wash i mean run under the hot tap to remove the residue & i air it at the window to dry.
Bare in mind if you have a lot of soaps it can be over a year before you use it again.
If anything i would argue that first of all "washing" or rinsing the residue away basically drains product which would otherwise be part of the next shave but more importantly i would say that many fragrances actually evaporate better then water so airdrying soaps i would think drains your soaps of their scents, especially from the top layer of the soaps which in fact is always the next layer you apply to your face so i would think that rinsing and drying could lower the enjoyment. but could be wrong of course.

There are two things that smell of fish and one of them is fish.

If anything i would argue that first of all "washing" or rinsing the residue away basically drains product which would otherwise be part of the next shave but more importantly i would say that many fragrances actually evaporate better then water so airdrying soaps i would think drains your soaps of their scents, especially from the top layer of the soaps which in fact is always the next layer you apply to your face so i would think that rinsing and drying could lower the enjoyment. but could be wrong of course.
you could possibly be right but iv never had an issue with scent,
that’s not to say it couldn’t happen but so far it hasn’t

"Back in the day" men just plopped the soapy brush back on the puck and left it till the next shave, why waste all that soap every time. These days, some squeeze the soap from the brush back onto the puck rather than waste all of it. I never wash or dry my soap, but I do clean the brush.
OCD is rampant among folks these days, too much time on there hands.

"Back in the day" men just plopped the soapy brush back on the puck and left it till the next shave, why waste all that soap every time. These days, some squeeze the soap from the brush back onto the puck rather than waste all of it. I never wash or dry my soap, but I do clean the brush.
OCD is rampant among folks these days, too much time on there hands.
Don't worry Tony, Pfizer is working on a vaccine for OCD.

Back
Top Bottom